i am painting my house it is 1500 sq ft how much paint do i need to paint exterior?

4 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favourite answer

An area of 1500 square feet suggests a perimeter of about 160 feet, so the total exterior surface area (ignoring windows) would be about 1280 square feet. Around five gallons should do; read the cans to see what coverage they suggest.

• mark h
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

Each gallon of paint covers about 250 sq feet so dividing 1500sq ft into 250 , makes aproximatly 6 gallons ,however if you are not primering then this plays a roll in coverage,also it is very hard for any person to use the proper technique required to get the full 250 sq ft out of a gallon,so i would start out with 8 gallons , also depends on if you are spraying or rolling it on , spraying is less time consuming but tents to waste more paint than if you would be rolling.But with that being said i would defently start out with about 8 gallons and go from there , if spraying getting 2 five gallon buckets might be the way to go.

• 1 decade ago

The answer is: enough to cover whats is under.

.There so many factors like: existing colour, moisture, temperature, material you pain, technique and method of painting etc.

You could never be exact and only roughly estimate on the base of what this particular paint say on coverage label on can.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

just look at your wall one 5 gallon jug will paint as far as you can reach up and to each side now go around the house and count

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.