Home refinance- self employed single mom?

I am interested in refinancing my home . I am a single mother so just one income, I am a hairstylist and also self employed. I just pay rent and run a one man salon. I purchased my first home in July in Texas. I had a hard time getting the loan because well first of all I dealt with a broker who completely messed... show more I am interested in refinancing my home . I am a single mother so just one income, I am a hairstylist and also self employed. I just pay rent and run a one man salon. I purchased my first home in July in Texas. I had a hard time getting the loan because well first of all I dealt with a broker who completely messed up my loan. I went into the process with the idea that if icouldn't purchase a home under the conditions I wanted then it wasn't the right time for me. Well day of closing, he needed five thousand more down and i also had the pmi i didn't want. Anyways, he said that at the last minute he had to go with stated income loan because the lender doesn't go by what you claim on income tax. it goes by what you claim after deductions. Well, i would like to refinance to get a lower rate and get rid of pmi. My appraisal was 142,000.00 and I financed $119,000.00 and have since made several improvments. I am just wondering if i can even get refinanced or is it going to be this hard again?
Update: I have good credit and bank statments. Current interest rate is 6.875%
Update 2: i have a fixed rate for 30 years. I know that if i pay more towards principal that i will pay it off sonner but the whole idea of refinancing is to LOWER my monthly payments. I was put in a loan like i said that were not on the terms i wanted and it is a little tighter of a situation than i wanted, i am happy to... show more i have a fixed rate for 30 years. I know that if i pay more towards principal that i will pay it off sonner but the whole idea of refinancing is to LOWER my monthly payments. I was put in a loan like i said that were not on the terms i wanted and it is a little tighter of a situation than i wanted, i am happy to even have a loan but one could only want better.