Do you think straight women are less homophobic towards lesbians than straight men are towards gay men?

I was having this discussion with my gay friend. He firmly believed straight women aren't as homophobic towards lesbians as straight men are towards gay men. My personal experience suggests otherwise. Straight women can be terribly mean, spiteful and gossipy about lesbians.The difference is they don't... show more I was having this discussion with my gay friend. He firmly believed straight women aren't as homophobic towards lesbians as straight men are towards gay men. My personal experience suggests otherwise. Straight women can be terribly mean, spiteful and gossipy about lesbians.The difference is they don't exhibit violent behavior to the same extent that straight men do. Mainly because they know they will get their *** kicked. They just have a different way of expressing their homophobic behavior. Growing up a gay girl can still be horrible experience and homophobic straight women contribute a great deal to that. It was for me anyway. Gay women can at times even more isolated from communities than gay men. I think homophobia is just as rampant among women as it is among men. Do you agree or disagree?
37 answers 37