Why does my heart beat so fast?

I am 22 years old and for a couple of months now I have been having really fast heart beats sometimes. This doesnt happen often but when it does, i will feel like pressure, or tightening under my heart, and my heart starts beating so fast like you can see it just by looking at my chest and it will last for a good... show more I am 22 years old and for a couple of months now I have been having really fast heart beats sometimes. This doesnt happen often but when it does, i will feel like pressure, or tightening under my heart, and my heart starts beating so fast like you can see it just by looking at my chest and it will last for a good 20-30 minutes. I went to the doctor the first time it happened and got a EKG done but by the time I got to the ER it had already stoped and I did drink 4 coffees that night so they thought that was it. Well I stoped drikning caffeene and it happened again just recently. I went to the doctors and he said i have to be put on a heart monitor for a month. I am on Birth control and he said that could possibly be it and to stop taking it-EEK! I am married and have a 2 year old and do not want another one right now so I am regretting to get off my Birth Control. I dont have any family history of any heart problems and I am not overweight. I only weigh 113 pounds.
2 answers 2