If someone told you that they loved you, but hated your being (tall, short, white, black, left handed etc.)?

would that person be A. a good person who only judges your choice to be (tall, short, white, black, left handed etc.)? or B. a lying two faced bigot judging you for something that you had no say in?

If you miss what this is about, skip the question because you're too thick to give a good answer anyway.

Jon M ǝpısdn uʍop sı unɟ: *applause*

luv2no: I'm glad to hear that you got out of that thing ok (I hate halo braces). I'm even happier that you got away from such a selfish, ummm, can't think of clean word. Have a wonderful day. *bows*

Just Human: "To err is human to be a bigot is despicable." That is as good as I've ever heard it put! I like it! Mind if I steal it? lol

Have a nice day.

Balaam's Talking AM Donkey: Aye friend, I have said the same myself (though not so eloquently). Have a nice day.

turingschild: What exactly are you reading, or smoking, whichever is applicable?

• Tamsin

Obviously about the whole "hate the sin but love the sinner" crap. And obviously the answer is B. I personally could never bring myself to be friends with someone who hated something that was part of who I am that I cannot change. That is one of the most bigoted statements one came make yet people can still get away with hiding behind the veil of religion. I could see if we were speaking about a murderer or a pedophile or someone who committed great atrocities. But they usually use it on.. gay people.

• Mary

Im sorry you have to go through that. don't get the skin bleaching cream because most likely later people would find a way to take that and turn it on you. Not every school is like that im sorry you go to a school that is. Next time people talk like that around you tell them how you feel try to make them see. This can be hard but if you can change a few minds then that will be a start. Suicide is never the answer i went through some of those thoughts too but think of the people behind you who will be devastated if you weren't around. Hold on to them and think of them when you feel low don't let people's hate get in the way of your future. I think that you want to be a pediatrician is great. Im sure people wouldn't turn away from your help just because you are black.

I'm going for B, the two faced bigot. I always love these people who say they like me but don't like this and that and yada yada. My best and longest friend is a minister now after being a door gunner in Vietnam and working with the gov't to assassinate the things, or people, they didn't like. And now he tells me that we are great friends and that he loves me but does not like what he claims are sins. He's very old Testament and not really up with the times and is one of those Christians who spouts rhetoric and actually knows what he's talking about but he has very narrow vision.

But I get even with him b/c he's a Republican and is actually an admitted liker of Bush .... (shudder) so whenever the administratoin gets ridden by the press over some stupid decision I always send him an email about that or the latest "outing" in the Republican ranks and I rub it in by telling him that MOST gay people are born that way but it's the Republicans who have chosen that form of life over being str8. I'm sure I've almost caused a few minor strokes but he gets me riled when he spouts all this nonsense and yet he has known me for over 40 years. I still remember when we were Hellion Bikers with Chains back in the 1960's but he seems to forget. And now he's spouting Christian rhetoric and Republican rhetoric ... the two things I dislike the most. But at least I'm always up front with him and I hold back no punches. But we're friends so we can do that and afterward we can still sit down and have a beer together.

I always try to express the fact that I am not a two faced bigot myself ... I hate everyone equally and I have no favorite dislikes. I don't trust anything that ANYONE says.

:-)

Peace y'all

Obviously its not acceptable to claim to love someone, then say that you hate their race, height, etc.

But I'd say that a better example of the, "love the sinner hate the sin", would be if my sister or brother was an alcoholic and did some very hurtful and destructive things when they were drunk. I would hate the things that they did and hate the fact that they did them, but still I most certainly would still love them.

Although I have to say that I'm not sure that I really buy that. There are few people that profess that feeling that actually show any loving attitude towards gay people other than "lovingly" telling them that they'll go to hell if they don't manage to "turn straight".

• I would say C) A person ignorant of the true essence of love.

You can't love someone and at the same time hate them for what they are. That is not love that is abuse.

If you want an example of pure, unconditional love look to the dog.. They know what it really means to love.. I have often thought that if the bible was based on the behaviour of dogs, the world would be a better place. I mean have you ever known a human to be so forgiving, loving, accepting, honest and purely unconditional in their love as a dog is?

Dogs never lie about love.. People do, and apparently gods do too.

Depends on what other details are involved but if they hate the fact that your say another race then I would say they don't know the meaning of unconditional love like the love we get from our Heavenly Father.

To err is human to be a bigot is despicable.

I knew that you would come up with a really GREAT one when you thought that you had run out of ideas for questions.

I say B

When I love, I love the total person. All of the things you mention are what makes a person "who they are"

Thank you for giving everyone something to think about

Source(s): *not done to death question*

That's a B in my book.

Had a college boyfriend like this - maybe he did love me - we talked years later after he'd grown up a bit more, and he seemed to have actually felt something for me, but I still question whether it was more about his ego than about a real relationship.

Love, to me, means accepting and supporting and loving the person as they are - and supporting them when they decide to change - for themselves.(unless, of course, they decide to change into a homicidal maniac or pedophile.)

• Steve

You either love a person or you don't. You can't love some things about a person and hate other parts about them. A person is who they are because of what they are, and they are what they are because of the path they've traveled. I don't, anymore, hate anyone, but I do dislike some people. There are always some people who are going to get on your last nerve, and vice-versa. Remember that if you want people to love you, you have to be lovable and showing love to them.

John M- how did you do that?!!! I want to write like that!

definately the lying bigot. or a very closed-minded individual. like my mother. she says she loves me then disapproves of the way I am, because I'm not a strict fundamentalist christian. she would probably disown me if she found out that I am wiccan.

Source(s): blessed be