Diet Coke And Pimples?

will diet coke give you pimples i know normal coke does becuase of the high amounts of sugar but will a diet coke give you pimples?

There are two schools of thought about acne versus foods. One side believes that fatty foods and sugary foods, chocolate, etc. will cause breakouts. These people would tell you to stay away from sugary soda.

The other school of thought is that acne is a bacteria in the pores of your skin. Using the appropriate face washes and medicines like Tetracycline are the most effective treatments of acne.

I personally agree with the second theory. I bought ProActive for my teenage daughters and the effect was undeniable. That stuff works. (And no, I am not a stockholder in ProActive!)

No. There is absolutely no satisfactory medical history of any foods being linked to pimples. The only thing that could possibly be associated with pimples is greasy foods, just because the grease from your hands may somehow end up on your face (and lead to oily skin).

Diet Coke definitely does not give you pimples. However, the drink that would be best for your skin (and body as well) will always be water.

Actually, yes.

Sugar, mostly in the form of corn syrup, is the main culprit. However, carbonation is also a player. If you want clear skin, stick to water, unsweetened teas, and unsweetened juices. However, if you really like cola, enjoy it for the taste. Just dont have it all the time. If you drink tons of it now cut back to one can a day, or less if you can. Make a rule you can only have it with one meal, or you can only have it when you eat out or something. The occasional can wont hurt too much, and switching to diet isnt that healthy either. Either way you are still drinking pure chemicals, and that isnt good for you, inside or out.

I have always had trouble with my skin and with acne... When i switched to diet coke it helped a little bit (to reduce the number of pimples that I have) but when I cut the sodas out of my diet completely...i noticed a huge difference in my face, complexion and even body (like BACNE). Pop is bad...i would just cut it out all together.

Some people are just going to have pimples ..wash your face often and try not to touch it so much....cokes are NOTgood for you............ diet or regular especially children and teenagers

One tip regardless of pimples....drop all the soda...the sugar is far to many wasted calories...

no, neither will normal coke. acne is from the oil glands in your skin when they secrete too much sebum. sebum is the oily stuff.