Ace Babe asked in HealthMental Health · 1 decade ago

Proud to be white?

PROUD TO BE WHITE?

Very interesting reading! !! !!!

Perhaps we should get rid of the term 'racist' all together and just

live our lives...

Michael Richards better known as Kramer from tv's Seinfeld. This was

his defence speech in court after making racial comments in his comedy

act.

He makes some very interesting points.

Proud To Be White

Someone finally said it.

How many are actually paying attention to this?

There are African Americans, Mexican Americans,

Asian Americans, Arab Americans, etc.

And then there are just Americans.

You pass me on the street and sneer in my direction.

You Call me 'White boy,' 'Cracker,' 'Honkey,'

'Whitey,' 'Caveman' ... and that's OK.

But when I call you, ******, Kike, Towel head,

Sand-******, Camel Jockey, Beaner, ****, or Chink ...

You call me a racist.

You say that whites commit a lot of violence against you,

so why are the ghettos the most dangerous places to live?

You have the United Negro College Fund.

You have Martin Luther King Day.

You have Black History Month.

You have Cesar Chavez Day.

You have Yom Hashoah.

You have Ma'uled Al-Nabi.

You have the NAACP.

You have BET.

If we had WET (White Entertainment Television) we'd be racists.

If we had a White Pride Day, you would call us racists.

If we had White History Month , we'd be racists.

If we had any organization for only whites to 'advance'

OUR lives we'd be racists.

We have a Hispanic Chamber of Commerce, a Black Chamber

of Commerce, and then we just have the plain Chamber of Commerce.

Wonder who pays for that?

A white woman could not be in the Miss Black American

pageant, but any colour can be in the Miss America pageant.

If we had a college fund that only gave white students

scholarships you know we'd be racists.

There are over 60 openly proclaimed Black Colleges

in the US. Yet if there were 'White colleges' THAT

would be a racist college.

In the Million Man March, you believed that you were

marching for your race and rights. If we marched for

our race and rights, you would call us racists.

You are proud to be black, brown, yellow and orange, and

you're not afraid to announce it. But when we announce

our white pride, you call us racists.

You rob us, carjack us, and shoot at us. But, when a

white police officer shoots a black gang member or beats

up a black drug-dealer running from the law and posing a

threat to society, you call him a racist.

I am proud.

But you call me a racist.

Why is it that only whites can be racists?

There is nothing improper about this e-mail.

Let's see which of you are proud enough to send it on.

Is this a KKK rally or something? Who the hell cares!

• laura

I am proud to be a white American, if I want to create the White Chamber of commerence, the WET (white entertainment television) or even call someone a towel head after they call me a cracker or a caveman then I will ....and if others feel that is racism, then they must also call themeselves racist.

BTW...I have always wondered, .... Why is there a Miss Black American pageant anyways? Shouldn't we just have a Miss American pageant? There are black and whites in the Miss American pageant, so why does there have to be a seperate segregated pageant for just black women. Segregation was banned in the USA in the 60's. Obviously it's still happening. Can we all just come together somehow and end all the hatred for good? Please, I would like to see this happen sometime in my life-time. Unfortunately white people have not treated black people well in the past and it will probably take a long time to overcome all of this.

Aren't there people all the time who are 'proud black man' or 'proud black woman' ? Seems to me that to allow one and not the other would be racist. Personally, I'm only proud of things I accomplish myself and being born with lighter skin than other people isn't one of those things. HOWEVER, not being a liberal PC idiot IS one of those things. And I'm very proud to have escaped my liberal indoctrination. Didn't say I was a conservative. Just said I'm proud to not be a liberal.

@ Samantha,

what history book are you reading? whites WHERE NOT in America first , NATIVE AMERICANS where here. And you said the the OTHERS started this? No whites started this long before you or i were born. During slavery , after African Americans were freed from slavery,and the civil rights era, blacks had to fight to be seen as equals. When have whites ever had to fight to been seen as humans or for there rights ? im sorry to tell you African Americans were brought here against there will and were robbed of there genealogy ( family history ) and of there identity. so yes, you will have Things that are unfair buts lets really look and see who is really treated unfair.

Also read up on where the first people originated from, and you will find out they came out of AFRICA

I am proud of my heritage......as everyone should remember where their blood comes from.

My roots are in Scotland and Ireland.....however, I also have English and Native Americans in my family tree....

I am proud of where my family is from....and the fact that I am white is a byproduct......but I am proud of who I am.....as everyone should be proud...so I am proud to be white.

I think people need to stop focusing on what makes us different and start celebrating what we all have in common.

For the poster that says that white people do not know what it is like to be mistreated, I would encourage you to read up on Irish History...as applies to both Ireland and in America in the 1800-1900's...I think you would change your tune a bit......

As for the latina that asks what do white people have to be proud of....let's see..Democracy, the great works in Rome and Greece...inventing the automobile, TNT, and to add a few names of great sociatal contributers that are white-- Einstein, Alexander Bell, and Nobel....really you could open a History book to about any page and read about a contribution of a white man that has changed the world.....

Im am sure that in other countries there is more emphasis on other colors of people that have contributed to great things...but the majority of major inventions that shape our world today (electricity, telephone, radio) are from white people....so yeah...we do have a lot to be proud of.....but there are also things that we are not proud of...but in most cases our guilt has led to rectification.......

How long must the actions of people from several generations ago be held against us that had no part in slavery or racism? We can not change the past...we can only shape the future through our actions in the present,,,,and hope that we leave the world better off when our time here is up.....

I am proud to be white....but I am more proud to be American.......because of the hard work and sacrafices my ancestors made to make it here in this country.....every one in America should feel this way......

If you get the chance, watch "The Departed"...the first 5 minutes is great..when Nicholson is talking about the Irish in America.

Yes, very proud. Just look at our achievements in the arts and sciences, etc. A great race indeed; a pity that not more of us think so.

You said: "There are African Americans, Mexican Americans,

Asian Americans, Arab Americans, etc.

And then there are just Americans." Wrong,

There are Italian-Americans, Jewish Americans, Polish Americans, Spanish Americans (Mexicans are half American Indian), American Indians, German Americans, French Americans etc... The list goes on and on. That's what makes America, America, not the color of your skin.

I completly agree with you all the way, I am getting so freaking tired of all this mess, you know whites are NOT the ones who start it, it's the OTHERS who start it. This also happens way to much in schools now to. My opinon whites and indians where here in this country first... there for we should have more rights.

Source(s): I am a proud to be white.

I believe we should all strive to be proud of ourselves, however, I think labelling people and compartmentalising them is something we need to move away from. I have genuinely never given much thought to my skin colour. I see humans like flowers in a garden, all different, all the differences should be celebrated, all have their own beauty if you take the time to look. I really think skin colour being given consideration when getting to know someone should be given no more thought than someone having blond hair, Red hair etc. We are one race, the human race and all should be nurtured to be the finest we can be, all struggling to make sense of it all and get through it the best we can.

Source(s): edit: Interesting question, thanks edit 2: Miriu and Seven, I am acutely aware of the things you talk of, and sad about them, it helps me understand how many people feel a sense of injustice when people say just move on, similar to telling Jewish people that the holocaust should be consingned to the history books and left in the past. If my Grandmother had been refused the right to sit on a bus, I think I would harbour a sense of injustice. Slavery's very existance should be enough to motivate people to find racism abohorent.

I agree. I'm not "white" even though I was born and raised in America.

I was seriously asking the same question the other day and got in a heated discussion.

We always have to be cautious of using one of the words you mentioned. Like, I always look around to see if there's any Mexicans around before I say Beaner. But that's BS because no one gives a crap if they're saying "white." If it's wrong to refer to people like that in public, then so be it. But as long as people openly use racial names for white people without the same considerations, there's no reason to not use it for other ethnicities.

PS: but I also think the words considered highly offensive have something to do with the peoples' backgrounds. Where and how the name originated is key.

well am not white but i think u re right but in another hand black people diserve to have all that coz they were inslaved for long time and i don't even think that this is enough so i think, it's good that we have those holidays to selebrate it.