how difficult is the japanese language to learn??? what about hebrew?

Favorite Answer

it's really difficult. it's structure is unlike any of the common languages, it has 3 alphabets and characters may mean several things depending on the context. men and women also have extremely different speech patterns, so you also have to learn the appropriate way to speak according to your gender so you don't come off socially inept.

kids spend much of their years in school learning the system of writing and memorizing the alphabets and so forth, much longer than English or Spanish, so it's hard even for them groing up in the language.

there are very roundabout ways of constructing a sentence which don't come very easily to Westerners.

it's a cool language though, i wish it were easier. i have a japanese friend (born and raised there) and she still looks up stuff all the time.

don't know anything about hebrew.

good luck, whatever you do, have fun with it!

I've heard that they speak Japanese in heaven - because it takes an eternity to learn.

Seriously, for someone whose native tongue is English, both Hebrew and Japanese are harder languages than many others to learn because neither uses the same alphabet as English.

Japanese is much harder to learn. If you have learned 2 or 3 other languages it might be easy for you than because you would know what it takes etc. I find thid to be true with me... as for hebrew not that hard

On Roseta Stone I have had little success, but I suppose it's because I was primarily focused on French. Hebrews a pain because you'll have no reference to a common alphabet.

japanese is easy hebrew is like talking to a coffee maker

I dont know about hebrew but japenese is extremely hard to learn, infact one of the hardest in the world

Japanese is moderate, however hebrew is very hard.

I know hebrew. i started hebrew school in third grade and i learned it by this year (6th grade) i dont know about japenese.

japanese language isnt hard to learn.... it's all about memory and such... I don't know that much about hebrew but Japanese isnt that hard to learn...

im half japanese so i know japanese fluently... its hard... 8 years of study and you still need to learn more (unless you study everyday)