Scott R asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 1 decade ago

How many carbohydrates should i eat per day? and not put on weight.?

I try to eat most of my carbohydrates in the morning to give me energy throughout the day. I usually have a very large breakfast which contains the folowing:

Breakfast:

1 bowl (serve) of plain oaths with milk. (aprox 20g carbs)

2 weet bix (with milk.) (21g carbs)

1 crumpet (16g carbs)

1 glass of orange juice (17g carbs)

1 very small serve of prune juice (high in fibre) aprox ( 10g carbs)

Lunch:

1 breakfast bar ( 100 calories) 20g carbs

1 ham sandwhich multi grain bread (aprox 28 carbs)

Dinner:

I usally try to limit my carbs when i eat dinner and get a good source of protein from meats. I usually eat the folowing meats:

Chicken breast fillet (skinless)

Fish (grilled,skinless) (3g fat, 15g protein)

I may have side dishes with the meals thay may have around 10-20g of carbs but not all the time.Im 14 aswell and i just dont want to eat too many carbs. Im very fit and run 4-6km a day. And burn 300-800 calories a day just from excersise a lone. I also do weight aswell. Ty!

• tmin

Hey Scott

i wouldn't worry to much about your diet, it read very good, keep up the good work....

The human body requires a set amount of calories to work properly. The total calories (kcal) consumed each day by men varies from 1500-4000 for most males: the total for females varies from 900-2500. In extreme cases, calorie intake can vary wildly, from 0 for someone on a water fast, to over 8000 kcal for a logger who burns them all while working, without gaining an ounce, and as high as 12,000 kcal per day for weight-lifters and bodybuilders.

Here is a very rough guide of how many calories you need per day, if you want to lose weight. It's a ballpark estimate only.

Teens

Teenagers need about 1500-1800 calories per day

Women (Non-Active)

Sedentary women typically need about 1100-1300 calories per day

Women (Active)

Active women typically need about 1400-1600 calories per day

Men (Non-Active)

Sedentary men typically need about 1600-1800 calories per day

Men (Active)

Active men typically need about 1800-2000 calories per day

Quick Estimate of Calorie Needs

Here is a very rough and ready guide to calculating your calorie needs. Just be careful to maintain your daily calorie intake above 1000 calories, minimum.

Women

To Maintain Weight - Multiply your weight (in pounds) by 12

This is a rough estimate of daily calories needed to maintain weight.

To Lose Weight - Deduct 500 calories from this figure

This gives you a rough estimate of the daily calories needed for you to lose about 1 pound per week.

Men

To Maintain Weight - Multiply your weight (in pounds) by 14

This gives you a rough estimate of the daily calories you need to lose about 1 pound per week

I hope that helps....take care and Keep the Faith....PEACE....cya....

1

Source(s): Rapid Weight Loss Pills - http://puregarciniaget.com/WL/?tuto

It's not the carbs themselves that get you, it's all the calories that come with them. 1 gram of carbs will give you 4 calories, and calories that come from carbs should account for 40-65% of the calories you eat each day. Say if you ate 1500 calories in a day, 600-975 of those calories should come from carbs. Since you know each gram of carbs is 4 calories, you know you should eat 150-244g of carbs. So, if you're eating 1500 calories in a day, you're doing just fine.

As long as you know how many calories you are eating/should be eating in a day (and it's easy enough to find a calorie calculator online, that can tell you), you can do it a much easier way, which is this: However many calories you eat in a day, divide that number by 8, and that's how many grams of carbs you should have. If I eat 1200 calories a day, I should eat 150g carbs. If I eat 2000 calories a day, I should eat 250g carbs (of course, that's way too many calories for me, and I would just balloon right up). But that makes sense, yes?

Of course, because you're so young, you should consult a professional (like a doctor or a dietician) if you plan any big changes.

Keep in mind you're also still growing, so putting on weight can just be part of a growth spurt.

Include at lowest 10 to 15 grams regarding protein, which suppresses ghrelin, some sort of hormone that stimulates your desire for foods. Include eggs, which are which may control hunger.

Stand up each time you talk for the phone.

Teach your kids your chosen sport (or have them teach you theirs).

• Emery

use meditation to help you cope with chronic stress which can lead you to crave feel good carbs

• Ellen

instead of a three ounce serving of steak try a three ounce serving of salmon instead

Do 45 minutes cardio workouts a few times a week

Eat a grapefruit rather than drinking juice; the fiber will allow you to feel full longer, and grapefruit is which could help with weight loss.