Scott R asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 1 decade ago

Is this a good meal plan for someone whos trying to lose weight?

Hey guys, Im 14 and am a very good sportsman. Im not fat or anything im normal however im trying to lose a tiny bit more weight and bulk up. I am just wondering if i eat too many carbs if it will be harder to lose weight and yes i know i need carbs for energy.. i know my stuff so please dont waste time by saying that. I eat most of my carbs in the morning and try to have a limited ammount during the day. Here is my diet plan tell me what you think.

Breakfast:

1 bowl of oats, 17g carbs (aprox) Without milk included.

2 weet bix ( 21g of carbs (aprox) without milk included.

1 crumpet with vegemite no butter (16g carbs aprox)

1 orange juice (17g carbs)

Lunch:

1 98% fat free pita bread sandwhich with ham ( 25g carbs aprox)

Afterschool snack:

A breakfast bar (100 calories) 20g carbs

Dinner:

I try to have as limited carbs as possible. I usually eat meats such as chicken,beef,fish anything with low carbs really. So id say id have about 10 carbs max at dinner time if that. thanks!

Hello ! I will make this as simple as I can. Either buy a book or get one from a free library on body building. If you are not fat, you do NOT want to lose weight. You will tone and firm up as you exercise to bulk up. Do you know that you weight will increase, muscle weighs a lot more then fat, so as you bulk up, do expect the scales to show some weight increases, Don't really try for the bulk yet, start out with the toning and firming, your body is not done growing yet, trying to bulk up now could be harmful in the long run for you, wait until your 18-20, to begin bulking. I hope this helps.

Source(s): son is body builder/weight trainer

Walk at least 15 mins after your meals

switch to ordinary coffee

ditch half of your spaghetti for spaghetti squash

don t eat out of a bottomless bag

limit eating out

swap out brown rice or quinoa yes even the new super food which both add up to about 220 calories per cup for cauliflower or roasted peppers that are only about 30 calories per cup

Keep a chalkboard in your kitchen and writedown your weekly meal plan

Don t take rest more than 30 seconds between exercises

Prepare your own lunch people who prepare own lunch and eat will lose weight