If Pres. Bush declares a national emergency and cancels the election, what would happen?

Lots of young people I know are saying that Pres. Bush might declare a national emergency and cancel the upcoming presidential election that's supposed to occur in November. Whether you think this might happen or not, if it DID happen, how would people react? I say people would grumble and complain but... show more Lots of young people I know are saying that Pres. Bush might declare a national emergency and cancel the upcoming presidential election that's supposed to occur in November. Whether you think this might happen or not, if it DID happen, how would people react? I say people would grumble and complain but basically do nothing. Most of my friends say there would be an armed revolt. What do you think.