Scott R asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 1 decade ago

is this a good diet to lose weight?

hey, im 14 years old and do a lot of excersise. I run about 4-6km a day, do some cycling and weights. However i have recently found that i have been binging a little and put on a lil bit of weight not too much but id just like to get rid of it. I burn about 400-800 calories a day from excersise a lone. Here is my diet plan (im trying to make it a low carb diet since i dont think eating heaps of carbs is neseccary and it causes weight gain, i know we need them for energy but too much is bad.

BREAKFAST:

1 bowl of oaths with milk (25g carbs)

1 orange juice (17g carbs)

LUNCH:

1 can of 98% fat free tuna ( 1.6g fat, 4g carbs, 15g protein)

1 glass water

AFTERNOON SNACK:

1 breakfast bar (21g carbs, 0.7g fat, 100 calories)

1 glass water

DINNER:

For dinner i usually eat meat. Chicken, Beef or fish. Low carbs

high in protein. So i would probly be eating (15-20g fat), (5-10g carbs), (12-20g protein.)

Im just wondering if this diet will help me lose weight. I also eat veggies n salad

Sounds healthy enough and sorta matches your workout intensity. And, your're concious of the numbers. That's very good for discipline and planning. Most don't bother.

The number that's missing is calories. Every calorie counts in weight management and are universally accepted for such. I'd suggest you add that to the numbers, then figure out how many you need a day to manage your weight.

A good rule of thumb is to use your BMR as the target for your daily calorie intake. The link will let you calculate it. If you limit your calorie intake to your BMR, you don't have to exercise to lose weight. It'll just fall off naturally. Of course, the exercise will speed up the loss.

Good luck.

I've tried many diets and couldn't make anything work. Since having my first child, I've been carrying around an extra 30 pounds. This diet just made sense and showed me that everything I was doing before was wrong and a waste of my time.

The plan was so refreshing and so simple to follow. I did everything plan said and lost 23 pounds in the first three weeks. I'm now starting the diet again to lose 7 more pounds. This plan has changed my life.

Get started today!

I'd say You're exercising too much for what You eat, if you exercise and burn off more than you eat you are going to get fat because that slows down your metabolism. You're only 14 so you're not going to be able to build huge muscles but I would say try eating more and You should make sure you get proper rest between workouts or your are going to be tearing your body down and not allowing it to build up... You sound like You're pretty smart but just take it easy, I've made these mistakes before... working out too much and not eating enough will hurt you and not help you lose weight.

Skim milk, and include whole wheat bread with the tuna, you need some carbs, slow carbs like that don't make you fat, include fiber is good; avoid sweets and soft drinks, and avocados are good, fatty, but good fat, so make a snack with some whole wheat grain chhips, some salt and pepper, and a vitamin a day

Source(s): smaller meals instead of a few larger ones, never starve too much or your metabolism will slow, if you get hungary, eat a sclice of whole wheat bread with -natural- peanut butter, or the avocado stuff, just don't over eat

bulk up your meals with veggies

switch from pouring your cereal straight from the box to using a measuring cup to cut your cereal calorie count in half

• Elvina

eat four meals with chopsticks instead of a fork slowing down can help you consume about 25 fewer calories per meal

distracted dining will get you in trouble avoid eating in front of a television or in a movie theater as you re bound to consume more calories

opt for self checkout wait in line for 7 minutes ring yourself up for another 10 bag your own grub and load up the car

50 minutes of cross country skiing