Is there such a thing as reverse racism?

I have written this in some of my answers, what do you think? I personally believe that philosophically, a group of people that have been systematically oppressed cannot be racist. (i.e. Black Americans) There is no such thing as this thing some call "reverse racism." Why not? Because the group... show more I have written this in some of my answers, what do you think?

I personally believe that philosophically, a group of people that have been systematically oppressed cannot be racist. (i.e. Black Americans) There is no such thing as this thing some call "reverse racism." Why not? Because the group being oppressed ARE the victims. If a young lady goes to the police to report that she has been sexually assaulted, do the police tell her that she has no right to be angry because if she is it is reverse assault? No, they clearly don't. Black Americans have been assaulted and have every right to be upset at the disparities that have spawned from it.
Think racism doesn't exist in these days? I am white and my son is half African and half White. I have experienced blatant racism as a result of my interracial relationship, being called a n***er lover by whites. A close family member of mine said my son has "what we used to call n***er lips."
Update: I am not suffering from any sort of guilt, nor am I pulling the race card for "poor blacks." I think I now agree that racism is racism, but I still feel that although slavery is over, the effects of slavery in our country has malled the black community. How? It sparked a cycle of poverty by limiting... show more I am not suffering from any sort of guilt, nor am I pulling the race card for "poor blacks." I think I now agree that racism is racism, but I still feel that although slavery is over, the effects of slavery in our country has malled the black community.
How? It sparked a cycle of poverty by limiting resources to blacks who attempted to "go down the right path" as some of you view it. I have lived in black neighborhoods and I am not excusing the very few black people that are simply unmotivated. Unfortunately, this notion that blacks simply need to "pull themselves up from their bootstraps" is ignorant. Most Black Americans ARE working just as hard as whites, and ARE motivated, and ARE being held back by people like those that are still holding on to stereotypes. I am telling you that I have seen it with my own eyes and you are calling me a moron? I am trying to have a civil and intelligent conversation, so please don't respond with counterproductive statements. Thanks.
Update 2: I am also not "granting anyone a free ride." Making statements like those of Rev. Wright's are inexcusable. But, we should understand the context and realize that the anger he has, while expressed in a negative way, is very real and in most instances justified. Also, we have ALL made... show more I am also not "granting anyone a free ride." Making statements like those of Rev. Wright's are inexcusable. But, we should understand the context and realize that the anger he has, while expressed in a negative way, is very real and in most instances justified. Also, we have ALL made derogatory/prejudiced/perhaps racist statements in our life. And Bear, the people in power are whites...maybe not you and me, but definitely the 1% that run our country and perpetuate the institutionalized racism that DOES exist. Thanks to all for your thoughtful comments. I didn't expect so much for my first question asked.
Update 3: Sistagirl, thanks for your comments...if I were a guy I might call ya. lol, but I'm a woman. :)
Update 4: Coma White: REALLY? Perhaps not in our country, but there are still African slaves who are suffering from European (white) colonization. I would like to know what school you've been rejected from because a qualified minority stole your spot? The truth is that affirmative action has benefited white women... show more Coma White: REALLY? Perhaps not in our country, but there are still African slaves who are suffering from European (white) colonization.
I would like to know what school you've been rejected from because a qualified minority stole your spot? The truth is that affirmative action has benefited white women more than anyone, but I guess you're opposed to a qualified woman getting an equal shot at "your" opportunity, huh?