Farah
Farah asked in TravelAfrica & Middle EastEgypt · 1 decade ago

In a marriage, do you think one person should handle the finances, or both?

• Best answer

Well, it is a difficult question to answer. In a marriage it is always best to do everything as a team or a joint effort. But when it comes to money, one person may be a better "financial manager" than the other for example. One may be a spender and one a saver. So in this case, it depends on your goals. If you need to save money, then the finances should be handled by the one who is good at saving. But of course, everthing should be discussed before any decisions are made, especially if both the husband and wife are working.

Depends on the relationship between the two people. However, I think that both partners should at least have a general idea of where the couple stands financially and where the bills are and how to pay them. I currently am the primary person who handles are finances, pays bills, balances check book etc. in my family. But if my partner needed to do it, she could in a second because she knows all the information or can find it.

The husband should handle the incoming

and the wife should handle the outgoing

I do the math in my family

My wife just spends

I have friends who their wifes take care of that

I guess i goes back to the personality & the control over money

My wife find it hard to control spending & likes me for making all the calculation

I think the husband should handle his personal money, the wife should handle her personal money, and they should both handle house money, like masareef we fawateer we lawazem el tifl. :D

If you've taken a vow to share your lives, that means everything, including finances.

It depends, if the man can afford to handle every thing so it's better to do so, but if he can't so the bride can fill in the things that he can't

& congratulations

• Hope

Both.

both that way theres no secret spending

• ?

should be a combined effort