What does Romans 14 mean to Jehovah's Witnesses?

1Accept him whose faith is weak, without passing judgment on disputable matters.

5One man considers one day more sacred than another; another man considers every day alike. Each one should be fully convinced in his own mind. 6He who regards one day as special, does so to the Lord.

9For this very reason, Christ died and returned to life so that he might be the Lord of both the dead and the living. 10You, then, why do you judge your brother? Or why do you look down on your brother? For we will all stand before God's judgment seat.

13Therefore let us stop passing judgment on one another. Instead, make up your mind not to put any stumbling block or obstacle in your brother's way.

22So whatever you believe about these things keep between yourself and God. Blessed is the man who does not condemn himself by what he approves.

NIV

Favorite Answer

You shouldn't impose your conscience upon another Christian when it is a personal choice situation which the Scriptures doesn't specifically state one position or the other.

Most don't think it has anything to do with them.

I and many other were talked to or warned about....

The Car we drove

The clothes we wore

How we talked

How we spent our free time

How often we went out in service

Attending the meetings during the week

Attending Assemblies out of town

How we kept our house

What we ate and where

What we found in our Bible studies

My mother was even shamed in front of the friends when she was told that her sewing some little cloth's for the Kingdom Hall decorating was not good enough or acceptable for Jehovah. The sister even tore the stitching out in front of her and others. My mother cried.

Don't missunderstand me. There was an Elder in my congregation that I loved. He was the best. If a man was Godly he was it. He loved God. So, their are many loving people that are JW's. They have issues as we all do.

• TeeM

Matters of conscience are different for all Christians.

In the first century you had Jews who had become Christians, and they wanted the Gentile Christians to 'keep' the Law of Moses as to the "Festivals" and the 'Sabbath'.

Practices that had been part of true worship for over 1000 years.

Paul was not talking about MIXING false religious (pagan) teachings with true worship.

(2 Corinthians 6:14-18) 14 Do not become unevenly yoked with unbelievers. For what fellowship do righteousness and lawlessness have? Or what sharing does light have with darkness? 15 Further, what harmony is there between Christ and Be′li·al? Or what portion does a faithful person have with an unbeliever? 16 And what agreement does God’s temple have with idols? For we are a temple of a living God; just as God said: “I shall reside among them and walk among [them], and I shall be their God, and they will be my people.” 17 “‘Therefore get out from among them, and separate yourselves,’ says Jehovah, ‘and quit touching the unclean thing’”; “‘and I will take YOU in.’” 18 “‘And I shall be a father to YOU, and YOU will be sons and daughters to me,’ says Jehovah the Almighty.”

Today, if a brother or sister because of being new in the truth; if they make a disputable decision based on their 'weak conscience' we who have maturity will not condemn them.

These matters of conscience do not include 'committed sins' that all most account for.

(James 5:16-20) 16 Therefore openly confess YOUR sins to one another and pray for one another, that YOU may get healed. A righteous man’s supplication, when it is at work, has much force. 17 E·li′jah was a man with feelings like ours, and yet in prayer he prayed for it not to rain; and it did not rain upon the land for three years and six months. 18 And he prayed again, and the heaven gave rain and the land put forth its fruit. 19 My brothers, if anyone among YOU is misled from the truth and another turns him back, 20 know that he who turns a sinner back from the error of his way will save his soul from death and will cover a multitude of sins.

.

Jesus additionally pronounced: (NASB) Matt 18:15"in the journey that your brother sins, circulate and coach him his fault in inner maximum; if he listens to you, you have won your brother. sixteen"yet while he would not hear to you, take one or 2 greater with you, so as that by THE MOUTH of two OR 3 WITNESSES each and every actuality may be shown. 17"If he refuses to hearken to them, tell it to the church; and if he refuses to hearken to even to the church, enable him be to you as a Gentile and a tax collector. 18"fairly I say to you, despite you bind on the earth shall have been certain in heaven; and despite you loose on the earth shall have been loosed in heaven. The Congregation (Church) has the duty of eliminating unrepentant one from the congregation. they're disfellowshipped because of the fact they have not repentanted from a extreme sin. word additionally what Jesus pronounced at Rev 3:a million"To the angel of the church in Sardis write: He who has the seven Spirits of God and the seven stars, says this: 'i comprehend your deeds, which you have a attractiveness which you're alive, yet you're lifeless. 2'awaken, and enhance the flaws that proceed to be, that have been approximately to die; for I definitely have not stumbled on your deeds accomplished in the sight of My God. 3'So undergo in innovations what you have won and heard; and save it, and repent hence in case you do not awaken, i'll come again like a thief, and you will not comprehend at what hour i'll come again to you. 4'yet you have some people in Sardis who have not grimy their clothing; and that they're going to stroll with Me in white, for they're worth. 5'He who overcomes will hence be clothed in white clothing; and that i'm unable to erase his call from the e book of life, and that i'll confess his call before My Father and before His angels. Did you notice vs 3 and the requirement of repentance? .

I guess you'd have to ask a practicing JW for that answer. They think that only 144,000 of THEM will be ruling from heaven, in direct opposition of what the passage says. They sure aren't any of the Hebrew tribes.

Probably nothing since they love to past judgment!

In the Jehovah's Witnesses Bible it appears that two different persons are spoken of Romans 14:7-9. Yet, a quick glance at the Watchtower's own Kingdom Interlinear Translation shows that the same root word, Kyrios ( "Lord"), appears in all three verses. In order to be consistent, the English rendering should reflect this by using "Lord" throughout the discussion.

Why on earth did the Watchtower Society's translators not render Kyrios as "Jehovah" in all three verses??? That is because then it would read; "None of us, in fact, lives with regard to himself only, and no one dies with regard to himself only; for both if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die for Jehovah. Therefore both if we live and if we die, we die to Jehovah. For to this end Christ died and came to life again, that he might be Jehovah over both the dead and the living" - a thought totally unacceptable in Watchtower theology.

In many other ways the NWT twists verses to fit to the organization's doctrines.

NWT version of the Rom 14:7-9

" None of us, in fact, lives with regard to himself only, and no one dies with regard to himself only; for both if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. Therefore both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah. For this to end Christ died and came to life again, that he might be Lord over both the dead and the living."

They probably disregard it, or retranslated it in their version of scripture.