Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw Enforcement & Police · 1 decade ago

why do cops eat so much doughnuts?

i have respect for the nations police but,

everytime i go to the doughnut place by by house in the morning at 6:00 they are ran out of glazed doughnuts cuz all the cops go there from the police station and eat there

... not only do they eat there but they also take extra boxes the the station for the rest of the day

it pisses me of cuz this happens every day

why do they have to eat so much doughnuts?

11 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Best answer

They generally get them free because the donut shops like to have them around for security reasons. I'd eat them too!

• luella
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

LMAO. My mom's a deputy, her cop friends are actually dieting! Of course, from the doughnut overload (they were forced to eat them for the first 4 1/2 years)

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I'm glad this isn't a rant against cops and i think the reason why a lot of police eat donuts is because were else would you find a place that serves food open at 12 to 5 A.M. ( and also it taste's good =))

Source(s): I want to be in the LAPD when i grow up
  • 1 decade ago

You ask why? Why are you going there then?

6 am is a normal shift change time for police. Day shift in Graveyard out so all get together comradery to have a say about what happened that night(pass on).

The best way to do this is at the station where one car is turned in and another driver gets in for s/he's shift.

Thank God we all did not go to waffle house fora meeting huh?

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

The Cops need a coffee break during their work too,they are human like us.They go to the Doughnuts Shops to take a few minutes break from driving all day

• Doughnuts can be traced through various references in history, including a Biblical recipe of “cake mingled with oil ... of fine flour, fried.”

• Washington Irving wrote about them in 1809, calling them as “balls of sweetened dough, fried in hog’s fat.” Apparently, these resembled golden-brown nuts.

• It wasn’t until American Hanson Gregory removed the centres — which were hard to cook anyway — in 1847 that doughnuts took on their modern shape.

• Today, Americans eat an estimated 10 billion doughnuts annually, four million per day through the Dunkin’ Donuts chain alone. While Americans may eat more, Canadians boast more doughnut shops per capita than any other country.

• • • • •

An average glazed yeast doughnut contains:

• 232 calories, 12 g fat, 27 g carbohydrates, 0.5 g fibre and 193 mg sodium.

To burn off one glazed doughnut, you would need to do the equivalent of:

• Walking: 3.2 km in one hour

• Biking: 9.6 km in an hour.

PS: Not only Cops eat doughnuts,but also......................

• Homer Simpson is probably TV’s biggest doughnut fan. The bumbling matriarch of The Simpsons has offered many words of wisdom on his beloved pastry, including: “Doughnuts. Is there anything they can’t do?”

• A Tim Hortons-esque doughnut shop figured prominently in 1992’s Wayne’s World with Dana Carvey and Mike Myers. And like Tim’s, the fictional shop was run by (and featured a guest appearance by) former NHLer Stan Makita.

• In a darker page of NHL lore, former New Jersey coach Jim Schoenfeld got in hot water during the 1988 playoffs for berating referee Don Koharski. His shout of “Have another doughnut, you fat pig!” led to a one-game walkout by officials.

• Blood and Donuts is a thankfully forgotten 1996 horror comedy about a vampire who awakens after a 27-year hibernation and, in his search for fresh blood, ends up in a local doughnut shop. There, he becomes involved in the lives of a sarcastic waitress and a not-too-bright cabbie.

• Maybe the sexiest doughnut-lover is Sandra Bullock as Gracie in 2000’s Miss Congeniality. The beauty pageant contest/FBI agent calls someone a “doughnut Nazi” for stopping her from strategically hiding one of her favourite treats.

• 1 decade ago

Where I live, I have NEVER seen a cop at a doughnut shop.

• 1 decade ago

I have a theory: they are loaded with sugar and great for instant energy. Coffee has a good boost, too. They are easy to eat when on the go, and they taste good. Try switching to blueberry or sour cream. YUM!! On another note, can YAHOO install a grammar checker?

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

very few cops I know eat donuts and even fewer would bring them back to the precinct.

You obviously do not know cops very well.

• Joe R
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

They taste good.

• 1 decade ago

Becuz they know it pisses you "of"

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.