Anonymous

What would you think if your child's choice of career was to be a self employed alcohol quality controller and

daytime TV critic?

He's my son so therefore I would still love him :-)

As do your parents!

The bank will want to go strictly by the tax returns. If he shows he has consistently made and reported $5000 or more in self-employment income for the last 2-3 years, they may consider the $5000. If they decide not to consider the $5000, this just means they will look only at the regular income. Since banks tend to overlend, this actually better for you as the $5000 gives you $300 a month more in breathing room.

i'm assuming that since your child is self-employed, he or she owns the alcohol company. any child that owns an alcohol company and still has time to be a television critic has to have made some wise career choices. congratulations on raising such an ambitious child.

• Buffy

can i get a job doing the alcohol quality control thing. I have lots of experience.

• momof3

What ever my girls do I would support them one of them is going into the media anyway but back ground work she can edit out the bad bits ha ha

I would prefer it if it wasn't voluntary work - still, I suppose there's not much to fill in on the Tax Return Forms !

Well what do your Mum and Dad say Elric lol. Honest mate you do make me laugh x

Sounds like he wants to drink beer and watch TV all day.... I'm kind of skeptical that anyone would actually pay him to do this! *L*

Who cares what one does as long as they pay the bills

• LDJ

My boys work on cars the same as their father.