Scott R asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 1 decade ago

Is interval training on a tredmill good for weight loss?

i run 45 mins intervals on my tredmill. I am always changing it and put it to a high speed for around 4 mins and try to make it as intense as i can. I keep going faster and faster then drop back to a jogging pace. I want to know by doing 2 workouts during the day one in the morning and one at night if ill see results in weight loss. Im 14 years old aswell and am a very good runner. However i have just put on a li bit of weight during the holidays. There is over 1 week left in the holidays and i would like to know if i can shed a little bit of weight off by doing this, i will continue doing it for months and months though. I also have a diet plan i eat 100 carbs a day because i think carbs were the main problem in the first place of making me gain weight. PLEASE TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK!

Interval training is good, however do not over work your self. Your body does need to rest. Cutting carbs out of your eating habits isn't healthy, it is important to include complex carbs in your eating habits. You need carbs for energy. Just eat a balanced, healthy diet which includes all 4 food groups, foods high in fibre, whole grains, dark green/orange fruits/vegetables, drink lots of water. Also do some strength training to gain muscle, muscle helps you burn calories at rest. Good luck!

yup that's good but alternate with free weights then go back to the treadmill,rather than slowing down,,,try treadmill,20minutes free weights, 4 or 5 reps of 12 lifts,and 20 minutes cross trainer,,,cross trainer burns the most calories,,,also you will not get bored by doing repetitive exercise on one machine,,,If you are working out you need more carbs for energy,eat them before working out,,,then protein after, at 14 you are very young to be doing this much work on your growing body,,,be careful...

I've lost 5 kilos in my first week. It's my 10th day and I have included salad with some protein (eg. egg/ lean chicken) as you suggested. After 4 years of trying, the fat is finally coming off. It truly feels like magic!

Get started today!

eat chili for a couple of days research shows that chili peppers boost your metabolic rate burning 50 more cals a day