Is it legal to change company policy to "no dating in the workplace" if the employees were hired while dating?

I work in a large corporation, and my location recently got a new manager. He came in with a bunch of rules like, black socks, tuck in your shirts, no drinks, no long sleeves, only black and white clothes, solid black shoes, no facial piercings, no more than 2 ear piercings. All new rules. Then there's supposed... show more I work in a large corporation, and my location recently got a new manager. He came in with a bunch of rules like, black socks, tuck in your shirts, no drinks, no long sleeves, only black and white clothes, solid black shoes, no facial piercings, no more than 2 ear piercings. All new rules. Then there's supposed to be one more rule. NO DATING OTHER EMPLOYEES. My boyfriend and I were dating before we ever got our jobs, and everyone in the whole store knows that we're dating, including the managers, and the old general manager. We do our work, we work in different sections. But we have the options...One of us transfers, One of us quits, We break up, or we both get fired. Is this legal at all? Can anyone find me a federal website or anything that's against this?
Update: When everyone was hired that was even a sexual harrasment video that said that you can ask out other people in the work place, and it's not considered sexual harrasment unless you persist, and that a manager, or someone of higher authority can not date an employee, but it never said anything about just... show more When everyone was hired that was even a sexual harrasment video that said that you can ask out other people in the work place, and it's not considered sexual harrasment unless you persist, and that a manager, or someone of higher authority can not date an employee, but it never said anything about just employees dating. I understand that the rule could be beneficial. But if people were hired dating, and the managers knew that they were dating when they were hired, then I don't see how it would be legal to seperate them.