Living together before marriage? Thoughts?

I'm interested in hearing people's views on living together before marriage. Personally, I think it is a mistake. I don't want to share finances or a home with anyone but my future husband. Breaking up is hard enough; I can't imagine breaking up with my live-in boyfriend. Now, my boyfriend thinks it is a normal progression of a relationship. Dating, living together, engagement, marriage. On this we just disagree. What are your thoughts?

I chose this path and three times over! I like the idea of knowing what it is like living together before marrage! It actually has saved me in 2 divorces because the first guy IF i did not live with him I would have NEVER known that he HOOKED up with the local 13 year old girls regularly! and the second guy was a nasty pig and now I have lived with this guy for 4 years and NOW we are getting married! My way is not the way for EVERYONE BUT it worked for me! I would rather know EXACTLY who I am going to marry before hand and now I feel comfortable enought to do so!

and I dated each A WHILE b4 living together!

I don't think it is a good choice. When you move in with someone you are giving all the thngs that come along with marriage (especially the not so nice side of living with another person) but with none of the commitment. Either party could always keep one foot out the door ready to escape at the first signs of trouble. Also, the practical nature of waiting to share a home with a husband is, as you mentioned, the problems that occur is the relationship fails. Who gets the place? Where does mutually purchased furniture or other household items go? More trouble than it is worth.

I never used to think you should live with someone before you are married. BUT I had a boyfriend who lived far away from me and the long distance was really hard. It was a tough decision but we decided to move in together. It was amazing for the first 2 years or so. The "honeymoon" period was up after that. It began to be a little more difficult and we were having to work at getting a long and not letting the little things about each other drive us nuts. I think living with someone is just as difficult as being married to them. I am torn though because I also think that you must live with someone before you truly know them. I have been living with my boyfriend for 3 years now (we are both in our mid 20's). We don't share finances. We just split the cost of rent,food, and bills and I think that is an important thing to do. This summer I will be moving back in with my parents for a few months. I guess I didn't realize moving in with him was so similar to a marriage. I need to take a breather and think this through a little longer before making it permanent and getting married. You have to think hard before moving in together but I think all and all it is important to do before you get married. You sure learn a lot about someone by living with them!

I personally wouldn't live with someone before we got married. If you two were living together and then got married, it seems like it wouldn't be as exciting since you're already living together. That's just my opinion.

'' TILL'' go in deep love without attechement of physical.

" THEN " its a beautifull ,,un explaind havenly JOY...&...

HAPPYNESS.....feel..." U "..can have...!!!!

" BUT " as " U " cross the order..of GOD....!!!!!!!

WITH in NO TIME .......the devinity...will..VANISH...!!!!!

Source(s): Genesis=2::17