Can you help me understand the concept of creationism?

It just doesnt make sense in my mind. it seems that: 1. creationist start with a conclusion and then search for evidence that is consistent with it - this is a very bad way of finding things out. 2. creationists dont argue FOR their argument, they argue AGAINST others (mostly evolution) - very few theories are... show more It just doesnt make sense in my mind.

it seems that:
1. creationist start with a conclusion and then search for evidence that is consistent with it - this is a very bad way of finding things out.
2. creationists dont argue FOR their argument, they argue AGAINST others (mostly evolution) - very few theories are complete, i could easily argue against the theory of gravity.
3. people seem to think that religion and science aren't compatible. this is simply not true. only fundamentalism isnt compatible with science.
4. biblical literalism seems more blasphemous than atheism to me. they try to twist the bible's words. the bible, imo is for guidance to the path of goodness through God/Jesus, not a geology/astronomy text book.

can anyone explain exactly what the world view of a creationist is? and how it makes sense considering what i've said.

this isnt an attack on creationism, i genuinely dont understand how it makes sense unless they assert that logic doesnt always apply to God.
thanks