Clothing manufacturers?

Why do clothing manufacturers think that everyone is the same shape? I've found it really difficult to get jeans lately that actually fit as the waist is always so low and also the arms on tops seem to be from the same batch whether you're a size 10 or a size 20. They're the same length and sometimes... show more Why do clothing manufacturers think that everyone is the same shape?
I've found it really difficult to get jeans lately that actually fit as the waist is always so low and also the arms on tops seem to be from the same batch whether you're a size 10 or a size 20. They're the same length and sometimes too tight for us larger ladies.
Also, why do they think if you're big on top you must have a huge @rse too? I can't buy underwear sets unless I want the knickers in a size 3 times too big!
Anyone else have the same problem?