List of questions to ask when buying a horse?

I'm trying to put together a list of things that a person should ask when considering several different jumper horses. I'm looking for questions such as : 1) Horse's showing experiance (including placement) 2) Prospective ability Please respond with qestions under the circumstances... show more I'm trying to put together a list of things that a person should ask when considering several different jumper horses. I'm looking for questions such as :
1) Horse's showing experiance (including placement)
2) Prospective ability
Please respond with qestions under the circumstances that all of the horses are: above 16 hh., are Jumper competitors and will continue on that career path, videos have been seen ---what should be noted while watching these???---, and the horses will be tried (out-of-state) once for one ride (unfortunate - I know), the buyers have extremely reliable connections in this state, AND that the buyer is NOT a first time owner and the prospects are jumping around 3'6" and have jumped over 4' each (one of the horses has jumped 5').

The horses range in price from the twenties up to 50k.

Thanks for your help, I know I'm being very specific!
Update: The horses will be vet checked with x-rays and drug tests, etc. (trust me I know the drug issue very well) and all 3 are at the same barn. The barn is very nice and our connection knows horses themselves probably better than anyone I know. I have a video of all 3. What should I look at. Two are ridden by a man... show more The horses will be vet checked with x-rays and drug tests, etc. (trust me I know the drug issue very well) and all 3 are at the same barn. The barn is very nice and our connection knows horses themselves probably better than anyone I know.

I have a video of all 3. What should I look at. Two are ridden by a man and one is ridden by a twenty or so yr old. I've watched how the rider rides the horse (half seat, holding, checked for spurs, types of bits and other gear, attitude, headset (see attitude!), etc. When I watch each jump (around 3ft) what exactly should I be looking at. I get the general picture but is there a leg position that shows that the animal can go higher or faster?