Wicca and Satanism?

Are Wicca and Satanism the same? I'm pretty sure they aren't but I just want to make sure. I want proof (websites) not your opinion. I found a website that says they are unrelated, in fact they have some views that oppose each other. Anyone answers this question just to insult Wiccans then I'll personally make sure to get rid of your answer.

http://paganwiccan.about.com/ explains that Wicca is an earth based religion and its pagan origins. Wicca is not Satanism. http://angelfire.com gives a definition of Satanism as the worship of Satan. Wiccans do not worship Satan. Wicca is a nature based religion, generally acknowledging the Mother Earth as Goddess. Wiccans do not believe in Satan, or any other "complete evil" but that everyone has the potential to be good or bad, depending on their motives.

As for being an ignorant "Wicx" at least I can spell!!!

Thank you for your intelligent and open minded question. Remember, any idiot can put up a website. It isn't really proof of anything. But checkout www.witchvox.com for more info on neo-Pagan religions. I must tell you though, that Satanism and Wicca being or not being linked has nothing to do with opinion. It is a fact that the two are not the same. I can tell you from my own experience as a Witch who has studied and practised Wicca, that I am not a Satanist. None of my Wiccan friends are Satanists. The two have absolutely nothing to do with each other. Any Christian who says that they do, will also tell you ANY non-Christian religion is Satanic, merely because it is not their brand of religion. The truth is that both Wiccans and Satanists are offended by the comparison. I encourage you to do your own research on the subject though and come to your own conclusions.

EDIT: Tahuti makes a good point about Crowely.

No, they are not the same, no they are not totally unrelated. They're like cousins who don't talk to each other anymore. To an extent, they both share a parent, (or maybe an 'uncle') Aleister Crowley. Both have another parent who is unrelated. (in Wicca, it's traditional Cunning Man/Woman tradition, in Satanism it's the Hellfire Clubs that every Ben Franklin-style aristocrat was in) So, the power of the Individual's Will is emphasized in modern Satanism, and 'An it Harm none, do what you Will' is the central tenet of Wicca... Will is the emphasis of Crowley, and his legacy. But, they haven't been the same, ever. They are different in their approach, in their focus, and in their ultimate goals. There is no "Satan" in Wicca, but just as Wiccan reclaim the title "Witch" and turn it positive, Satanists reclaim their own title from Christian mythology.

This is a wiccan site

http://www.cuew.org/whatiswicca.html

This is a satanic site

http://www.churchofsatan.com/home.html

read them

Satanism and Wicca aren't even close to being similar

In fact satanism isn't really that spiritual at all if you look.

Nope, they're really very different. Satanism is essentially the worship and veneration of oneself, whereas Wicca is (as I understand it) the respect, reliance upon, and even invocation of the powers of nature. It's a lot more in-depth than that answer, but in short, they are different.

I'm a Christian, by the way. I think someone said earlier that only silly Christians couldn't tell the difference? :)

Source(s): Experience.

Not the same. Wicca is a neopagan earth centered religion and satanism is a broad category of religions, worldviews, and literature all featuring a favorable interpretation of the figure of Satan

Different,

Satanism -Theistic/traditional Satanism: http://joyofsatan.org/

i dont have a link for and Wicca sites but others have given some :D

Hail Satan!

I'm leaning towards Wicca and i assure you that there is no satanic S*** going on in the house. lol. they are two very different things.Sorry no websites. Take Care!!!

• xx.

Their only similarity is that they're both widely discriminated against by ignorant people.

I'm Wiccan, I know what I'm talking about. Is that proof enough?

They are really different

"Wicca and Satanism are not at all similar religions"