Which is a better beach in FL , Fort Lauderdale or Hollywood?

It depends on what you're looking for.

Fort Lauderdale has 2 basic areas of the beach: the "strip", which is the more popular, crowded area of the beach. It has tons of restaurants and bars, and is always busy. The other area is just a few miles north, by the Galt Ocean Mile, etc. It's a little bit quieter and calmer, usually with an older crowd.

Hollywood beach is kind of retro. It has a boardwalk type area with a string of little shops, bars and restaurants. It's a little bit more run down than Fort Lauderdale beach, but in my opinion that makes it quaint.

Fort Lauderdale- Hotter People!

Where the Boys Are! Fort Lauderdale.

But I prefer Daytona Beach. Nice and clean and great beach for driving the car on or riding a motor bike.

Ft. Lauderdale is a very hip, clean and popular beach- big crowds, lots of restaurants, clubs, things to do.

Hollywood is a lazier, calmer area with a boardwalk called the "Broadwalk" with older shops and a few stands (reminds me more of the Jersey shore or Ocean City, Maryland). Hollywood area is more run-down and there are some not-so-good areas so be careful where you stay.

Ft. Lauderdale is more pish posh and a younger crowd.

Either one is nice, but the beach itself is really nice on Ft. Lauderdale.

Fort Lauderdale is much better i been going there for over 3 years.

I went to Hollywood and loved it!! The water beach was clean, plenty of room and tons of shops and restaurants. I guess it depends on what you're looking for...If you want a quieter time go to Hollywood! If you want a crazy fun time skip FT Lauderdale and head to Southbeach!

• corina

i like fort lauderdale beach myself. go to both and see for yourself. they're not too far from each other.

Ft. ,Lauderdale

• MarD.

Florida for sure!!!!! Disneyworld after the beach...nothing better, anywhere!!!

miami