Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicPolls & Surveys · 1 decade ago

Survey: In the movie "The Wizard of Oz" when Dorothy first starts to follow the Yellow Brick Road?

It spirals with a Red Brick Road. Where does the Red Brick Road lead?

Favorite Answer

Crazy Kenny's Home Fried Shrimp and Pasta Bar.

$4.99!!! All-You-Can-Eat!!

Keavy Member since:

July 17, 2006

Total points:

1936 (Level 3)

Add to My Contacts

Block User

Best answer 42%229 answers

Member Since: July 17, 2006

Total Points: 1936 (Level 3)

Points earned this week: 0

Add to My Contacts

Block User

Best Answer - Chosen by Asker

If she would've taken the red road, she probably would've ended up in the land of the Quadling County which is in the southern part of Oz. Glinda the witch of the SOUTH lives in the Quandlings in the original Oz series by L. Frank Baum. Each land in Oz has a color - Munchkinland in the east is blue, the Gilikins in the north are purple, the Quadlings to the south are red, and the Winkie County to the West is yellow. But actually the directions are reversed on a map of oz - north and south are the same, but west is east and east is west.

So - if Dorothy took the red road in the MOVIE she would've ended up in the south and found the real Glinda that lives there and is a more powerful sorceress than the Glinda of the North in the movie. Then that Glinda would've given her the gnome king's magic belt to go back and forth between Kansas and Oz. I'm not making this up! This stuff comes from the Oz book series. There are 14 original ones by L. Frank Baum and over 40 in the oz series!

The Red Brick road leads do the old red barn out in the country. I'm a farm girl I know these things.

The yellow brick road is in the color part of the movie. The black & white vs color parts of the movie are just to tell you when she's home and when she's in Oz. The movie starts out in black & white, but people still know what colors are.

The WIZ and Michael Jackson...otherwise the red brick road to hell.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_BnliI7kXD8

Youtube thumbnail

&feature=related

Hi darlin...have you seen the back ground on both of Lucky's 360 pages....The red bricked road would have led here to studio 54 where they were shooting the next Oz....with Diana Ross

That movie freaks me out. I think the red brick road leads to the drug rehab center. Too bad more of them didn't follow it.

<--- freaked out, yo!

• Vortex

I think they both lead to the same place, a canvas upon which is a painting of the forest ahead. However in the story I think emerald city it the eventual destination.

Munchkinland

Source(s): jk I don't know, I made than up

It starts in a Pittsburgh suburb and ends just outside of Harrisburg