Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesVisual ArtsPhotography · 1 decade ago

Black and white photo?

this may be a stupid question, but how do you take a black and white photo of yourself or someone else? i need this for Art class. Thanks.

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Best answer

Digital is the way to go. B&W film is expensive, and so is the developing. If you take a color digital photo, open it in Irfanview (super-easy freeware), select "Image" from the top menu, then "convert to greyscale", then save it. All done!

• Sakura
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

There are several differnt ways this can be done...

1. Use a film camera with black and white film.

2. Change the settings on your digital camera to black and white.

3. Convert your color image into black and white in post production (this is the most preferred way)... I like to use Photoshop.

• 1 decade ago

I love black and white photos! My camera has a setting for that but you also put the picture in a paint program such as paint shop pro and turn the picture black and white.

• 4 years ago

I would stick with something really simple, no extravagant pattern, solid color shirts, or polo's would look nice. Even if your shirt is white, it won't necessarily show up as white in a B&W photo, it could show up as a gray, so it doesn't really have the same effect as making you look overweight like it does in normal photos! Good luck!

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

go to settings on the camera and change it to black and white picture

good question

hope this helps

• 1 decade ago

on some cameras it allows you to change it to black and white but most of the time you have to upload them your computer and usually their will be an option to edit the photos colors and you can do it there.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Also, you can still get black and white film.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

you set it to black and white.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

use a black and white filter in photoshop, etc.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

change the settings on the camera

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.