My girlfriend and I had "sex"...but what went wrong?

We were getting intimate, and ended up having "sex". I'm putting quotes around it because this is the most embarrassing thing that has happened :/ She said I missed, how did I miss? I mean, it didn't feel all amazing, so I'm assuming I did miss...but how is this possible? I'm so... show more We were getting intimate, and ended up having "sex".
I'm putting quotes around it because this is the most embarrassing thing that has happened :/
She said I missed, how did I miss?
I mean, it didn't feel all amazing, so I'm assuming I did miss...but how is this possible?
I'm so embarrassed, how do I fix things?
how can I do it right next time?
Think she'll always make fun of me?

:/

Please don't hate or anything, just give me a decent answer.
Thanks.
Update: I'm sure I know of some of the problems, see we attempted having sex before, but she was too tight and it didn't fit, this time her pants were only down to her ankles so there wasn't much room to spread, either way.. maybe it was just too tight again, and went down..not into the hole? Maybe we should... show more I'm sure I know of some of the problems, see we attempted having sex before, but she was too tight and it didn't fit, this time her pants were only down to her ankles so there wasn't much room to spread, either way..
maybe it was just too tight again, and went down..not into the hole?
Maybe we should just wait for a while longer, until we are more comfortable talking to work things like this out?
Update 2: She's not big, 5'7" 119 pounds, she's quite smaller than me...