How much do you trust statistics/figures?

A lot of numbers get thrown around in here, and the old addage goes "Statistics don't lie, but liars use statistics." I had a whole class in college on the subject of statistical interpretation and understanding what the statistics are REALLY saying when people use them. Two clever people can look at... show more A lot of numbers get thrown around in here, and the old addage goes "Statistics don't lie, but liars use statistics." I had a whole class in college on the subject of statistical interpretation and understanding what the statistics are REALLY saying when people use them. Two clever people can look at the same data, and can make it say whatever they want it to.

How much stock to you put into new studies when they are released? Do you even bother trying to find out who sponsored/paid for the study?