Will My Ball Python Grow Out Of Biting?

My new baby ball python has tried biting me three times and I've had her for two days. Her name is Medusa and she is really quite beautiful! Has a lot of yellow and gold spots. Anyway, the first two times she tried biting me was about two minutes after I got her, I was in the car and I was pulling newspaper... show more My new baby ball python has tried biting me three times and I've had her for two days. Her name is Medusa and she is really quite beautiful! Has a lot of yellow and gold spots.

Anyway, the first two times she tried biting me was about two minutes after I got her, I was in the car and I was pulling newspaper shreddings off of her, so I assumed she thought I was trying to hurt her.

The third time was about 10 minutes ago, its the first time I've tried holding her since the last inncodent. I had to pick her up to move her hide and then I held her on my bed. When I started to use my other hand (closer to her head) I THINK she struck at me, but I'm not sure.

As I said, I've only had her for about two days.... Will she stop trying to bite me eventually? Is she doing this because she isn't used to me?

Thanks in advance!
12 answers 12