Michael J asked in PetsReptiles · 1 decade ago

my turtle wont eat any thing!!?

my turtles not eating anything at ALL help me

i tried feeding it pro balance and its not eating it its new born baby long necked turtle and it wont eat anything else

plz hurry she might be dying

first are you in a warm country? if not keep the water warm using a tropical fish heater, also give the little fella a chance to settle in his new environment. i assume you've read-up on keeping turtles and have a proper set-up? if this still don't work and he refuses to eat , try live food. your local fish shop should stock blood worms etc. or dig some small worms up. if you do use earthworms and they're not eaten after a day remove them before they make the water go bad. once he starts eating you'll have trouble keeping up ;o) good luck,

• Lauren

I used to have two turtles, so I can relate to what you're saying. Did you get your turtle from a pet store? I got mine from a pet store, and one of them was sick when I got it (I didn't know it at the time though). It wouldn't eat anything either, and even though I spent a lot of money buying different things (like fancy heaters and eye drops), it did die relatively quickly. My advice would be to take the turtle to the vet ASAP and see what he recommends, rather than do what I did and try a bunch of random things XD Hope this helped!

Turtles are prone to Mouth Troubles. Check it, if it looks White and Sore,he has an Infection, take him to the vet.

try buying the smallest fish you can find if that dont work then go to the vet

its dying....mine died and it started doing the same....vet told me its cause it a baby...Those are even supposed to be sold until they are semi adults

try searching what they eat in the wild

give salad or small cut pieces of grapes...

try a feeding tube.

bring it to the pet doctor.

it's probably dying