Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferenceQuotations · 1 decade ago

What is your favorite meaningful quotes???

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.

- Winston Churchil

It is from their foes, not their friends, that cities learn the lesson of building high walls and ships of war. And this lesson saves their children, their homes, and their properties.

- Aristophanes

“You must be the change you wish to see in the world.” – Mahatma Ghandi

“At the end of life we will not be judged by how many diplomas we have received, how much money we have made, how many great things we have done. We will be judged by 'I was hungry and you gave me to eat, I was naked and you clothed me, I was homeless and you took me in.' Hungry not only for bread -- but hungry for love. Naked not only for clothing -- but naked for human dignity and respect. Homeless not only for want of a room of bricks -- but homeless because of rejection.” – Mother Teresa

“People are unreasonable, illogical and self-centered.

Love them anyway.

If you do good, people will accuse you of selfish, ulterior motives.

Do good anyway.

If you are successful, you will win false friends and true enemies.

Succeed anyway.

The good you do today will be forgotten tomorrow.

Do good anyway.

Honesty and frankness make you vulnerable.

Be honest and frank anyway.

The biggest person with the biggest ideas can be shot down by the smallest person with the smallest mind.

Think big anyway.

What you spend years building may be destroyed overnight.

Build anyway.

People really need help but may attack if you help them.

Help people anyway.

Give the world the best you have and you might get kicked in the teeth.

Give the world the best you've got anyway.” – Mother Teresa (*Please note that this passage, also known as 'The Paradoxical Commandments' is often attributed to Bishop Abel Muzorewa or to Dr. Kent M. Keith)

People have to face regrets. Becoming mature means learning to accept what you cannot change, facing unresolved sorrows and learning to love life as it really happens, not as you would have it happen. When someone attaches unkindness to criticism, she's angry. Angry people need to criticize as an outlet for their anger. That's why you must reject unkind criticism. Unkind criticism is never part of a meaningful critique of you. Its purpose is not to teach or to help, its purpose is to punish. Life isn't supposed to be an all or nothing battle between misery and bliss. Life isn't supposed to be a battle at all. And when it comes to happiness, well, sometimes life is just okay, sometimes it's comfortable, sometimes wonderful, sometimes boring, sometimes unpleasant. When your day's not perfect, it's not a failure or a terrible loss. It's just another day.” - Barbara Sher

Why is the rum gone - Capt. Jack Sparrow

A home is for free expresion. Not good impression

• "Dont tell me the skys the limit, when there are foot prints on the moon"

"Inside my empty bottle I was constructing a lighthouse, when all others where making ships."

These violet delights have violent ends.

Source(s): Romeo and Juliet

Mark Twain: I never let my schooling interfere with my education.

You can tell a lot about a person by their shoes; where they've been, where they're going.

-- Forrest Gump

believe you can, and you're halfway there. know you can, and the race is won.