Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 1 decade ago

Do most Americans support war with Iran?

Do you think Bush will start a war with Iran before he leaves office? Even though this would be terrible for America, I guess it would make my energy stocks jump in value. But if you don't own energy stocks, wow. I feel bad for you!

If Bush doesn't do it, would McCain? Because, let's be honest, McCain is going to be the next president.

What other investments (aside from energy stocks and foreign properties) should the average American make to hedge against the economic shock of a war with Iran?

Note that even Democrats (like Joe Lieberman) support war with Iran.

Also, if we go to war with Iran, I sure wouldn't want to live anywhere near a synagogue in the US! Not because of Iranian terrorism, but because of a potential "White Power" offensive that will take place. Those skinhead guys are nuts, but they are also well-armed.

Favorite Answer

My question is, if Iran is really such a threat to destroy Israel, why haven't we nuked Iran already? It must be the case that the higher-ups don't really think Iran is a serious threat. Which makes it harder to understand why we can't hold talks with them - it is clearly ridiculous to compare Iran with Germany circa WWII.

There is little possibility of war with Iran due to the Clinton administration's cutting the US military's size in half. The Army is stretched thin by the Iraqi sideshow and the Air Force has been in constant warfare mode since 1992 which has caused many airframes to be on the edge of failure (the 26 years average age and 42 years for tankers doesn't help either). For a war with Iran, either a huge and fast buildup of the military would be required or the Iraq and Afghanistan nation building operations would have to end.

Wars usually cause the economy to prosper (until the end of war downsizing recession) so practically any stock in the avionics, automobile, and shipping industries should be good.

The Democrats supported the war with Iraq too until they decided it didn't improve their standing with the public, then they flipped/flopped (the war was very popular initially).

I don't see how a war with Iran and skin heads are connected. besides, most of the SHs live in Germany.

• Dog

I hope you mean "futures", not stocks. Your energy stocks could take a massive dive. Of course commodity trading is even more risky, but that's where you'd make your money if we invaded Iran. Energy stocks would be all over the board. It would depend on exactly who you invested in.

But yeah, war with Iran is about the worst idea I've heard of since the water proof toaster and the real reason are heads are gunning for it revolves around Iran's desire to trade oil in the Euro instead of the Dollar. It has nothing to do with their nuclear ambitions.

The majority of Americans do not support a war with Iran. Only the deluded 28 percenters.

• Yeah, nobody supports that. The war won't happen, maybe staying in Iraq is a blessing in disguise because if we had finished there quickly the threat of going to war with Iran would be a lot more real.

No. I think most people understand that although we may be in a proxy war situation with Iran, we are waiting for Israel to take care of the problem with the Nuclear proliferation there.

• Don S

We don't worry about waging war with Iran. Israel will take care of that. Once Iran gets it nukes for sure, Israel (with our backing of course) will do pre-emptive air strike at Iran.

People on yahoo answers never cease to amaze me. Kind of like Bush, it almost seems like the intelligence of riht-wingers is going down.

anyone who supports war with Iran, and thinks it is going to be a walk in the park like outsing Saddam was, has to be kidding themselves.

Anyone who thinks there is no difference btween searching caves in Pakistan for terrorists and attacking Pakistan is horribly confused.

• James

It really depend for what reason why we have to go to war with Iran.

contrary to what you're told, most americans do not support a war with iran. only this weird bunch of neocons. americans generally favor peace and prosperity.