It's about giving birth and newborn?

Salam alaikum! I am due to give birth in a few days incha'allah for a nice and healthy baby boy alhamdulilah.

I am very excited and I just cannot wait for this moment to finally happen!

I have a few questions to ask, if you would answer please!

1. I do wear hijab everyday, but when it's time to give birth, in the hospital room, do I have to keep it on? (maybe uncomfortable...maybe hot...but I dont want to be seen...Im not sure how to)

2. Is there any thing I can or should be saying while giving birth? Some dua'as...perharps

3. In Canada, they do the circumsicion on baby boy before I leave the hospital, and it may not necessary be at the 7th day, so then what... is it ok to get it done before the 7th day?

4. Any info's you could give me regarding breastfeeding in Islam?

I'm sorry if it's too much, but it's my first baby, and I am only muslim for 6 years, so this is fairly new informations for me! Thank you very much!! Ma3salam

Thank you esra_candy :)

Bismillahi Rahmani Rahim

Salaam Alaikum wa Rahmatullah

May Allah bless you with a good labor and delivery and a healthy baby, Ameen.

I am a little bit behind you - I'm due in mid-June. This is my fourth, so I've been through it all before. I have always kept my hijab on when in the hospital. Try to make sure you have one that's easy to wear, some light knit pull-on scarf that you can put on and forget about. I find it actually is helpful because my hair is neatly in place and not falling in my eyes or bothering me.

Since this is your first baby, labor may take a while and you might have a lot of men coming in and out - nurses, techs putting in IV's or drawing blood, service people cleaning up - so you do want to stay covered as much as possible. Wear something you won't mind tossing after you leave in case it gets messed up, lol. Babies are very messy when they are born!

Let everyone know that you are Muslim and that men, from doctors on down, should KNOCK AND WAIT before entering so you can cover (like toss the blanket over you) before they come in. Have them put a sign to this effect on the door. If there is a patient advocate in the hospital ask to see her as soon as you are checking in to see that they respect your wishes. And if a man does accidentally see something he's not supposed to, just say "astaghfirullah" and don't dwell on it. Do the best you can and concentrate on having that baby!

I don't know any particular du'as in Arabic - I keep it simple, la ilaha il Allah and such.

My sons were circumcised in the hospital as well. It's not that important to wait for a particular day. Some cultures wait until the boy is 7 YEARS old, ouch!

Breastfeeding is so important. The best thing you can do is to make sure you stay hydrated - drink lots of water in the hospital and eat well. When home, continue to drink a lot and take your vitamins. The baby will seem to want to nurse 24/7 the first week and that's normal - he won't be getting milk the first few days. Initially your body produces colostrum, which is rich in antibodies and vital to getting him off to a good start. Do NOT let the hospital "supplement" with formula unless there is a valid medical reason to do so. The baby nursing a lot is NOT a reason, lol. Most babies lose weight in the first week, nursing babies a bit more because mom's milk doesn't come in right away. Once again, normal, so don't let anyone tell you your baby is starving if he loses a few ounces. You'll be taking the baby in for first examination so the doctor will make sure the weight loss is not excessive and there are no issues.

Most importantly, relax. If you are tense, your let-down reflex will be impaired and your milk won't be there for the baby right away. Find a nice quiet place, ignore any dirty dishes and such at home, and concentrate on getting to know your son. It is a beautiful way of bonding and once you both get the hang of it you'll be so happy you are breastfeeding. If you have specific issues, the hospital probably has a woman who can help you.

Have to run but may Allah bless you.

Fi Aman Allah,

Nancy Umm Abdel Hamid

• star72

alaykum as salam and congratulations. Well as for the hijab, for me personally I took it off because it seems sort of silly to wear the hijab when the Dr is seeing everything else. I had a man deliver my first child and a woman the second. here in the US sometimes you don't get your personal Dr is he/she is not on call that day. You can try dear, but to be honest I don't think it will be your primary concern at that moment. As for du'as I don't know of any specific ones. I think you can make any du'a and inshallah Allah swt will accept that. I have girls so circumcision was not an issue for me , but if not doing it in the hospital before the 7th day means you would have to delay it then maybe its better to go ahead and do it. But I would really ask sheikh about that. As for breastfeeding, its a great thing for you and the baby. Know it will awkward in the beginning but do not get frustrated. Sometimes babies do not latch on correctly from the beginning and that causes problems. If you ever have any soreness or problems with the skin (like pealing or cracking) the best thing to use is mineral oil. Its all natural, orderless and tasteless and has no affect on the baby. Make sure you stay hydrated, a healthy well balanced diet (300-500 extra calories per day while beast feeding), and a limited intake of caffeine. That's all i can recall, best of luck dear.

• My dearest sister once you are in labor the hijab will become the least of your worries, you do not need it. You will have in your room your hubby/or whoever you choose and the medical team and it is ok to have a male Doctor if you did not plan ahead to have only women.

you could make any du'as from your heart to ask Allaah to make it easy for you and the baby, keep saying laa illaaha illa anta sub7aanaka inni kuntu mina dalimeen.

Practice your breathing techniques too ask your doc to coach you on that or take some classes those breathing techniques really help. You can google them to.

I had 3 boys and all where circumcised when they where less than 2 days old, I would advice you to do the same because they heal faster, The only thing a baby does the first few days is sleep eat boob and sleep again. So that quickens the healing process and before you know it he all well and healed.

Breastfeeding is highly regarded in Islam the fact that Allaah(swt) instructs us to breastfeed our babies from birth to 2 years speaks volume of how important breastfeeding is.

Start breastfeeding your baby right away InshaAllaah. It will help you loose that baby fat naturally to, and that is the best gift you could give your baby.

InshaAllaah feel free to email me if you need details or help once the big guy arrives:-)

• nazof

Waaliakum salam.

Congratulations on your baby!

If your hospital has female staff,insist on having only the female staff enter the labor room.Then you can take the hijaab off.Just say you don't feel comfortable with males around the room.They'll probably listen.

When in labor ask for everything and anything.Allah listens to all the prayers of a woman in labor.Ask for forgiveness,hidayah and also remember the Muslim ummah!!

Circumcision can be done on any day.Not necessarily seventh day.Thats the day for Aqiqa.

Muslim women are supposed to breastfeed their children until the age of 2 1/2. When a mother breastfeeds a child anything she says goes directly into the bloodstream of the child.I'm the living proof.My mother used to recite the last para of Quran when she breastfed me and when I got old and took up the memorizing of Quran,it was like I knew the last para by heart already!! I only took 7 days to memorize the last para.So always keep that in mind when breastfeeding your child.

May Allah bless you with a healthy believing Muslim boy.

wa salaamu alaikum wa Rahmatu Allah!

Alhamdulillah, i have given birth to two childeren.

1. i delivered both of them in a country where the shariah is the only acceptable law. So i saw only women (doctors) during the deliver. But i kept my hijaab on untill i got into the deliver room (i.e. in the waiting room. Untill you got 8 cm and being replaced at the deliver room) After being done and being braught to my own room, i was all coverup with a blanket in a wheelchair..

2. the best thing is to say La ilaha Ill Allaah.

3. insha Allah do it when you can. how longer you wait how difficult it will be. I did it with my son when he was one day old... ALhamdulillah two weeks with olive oil and it was cured.

4. breastfeeding is a duty upon the mother to her child for 2 years according to the hijri. When she can't give it, she is obliged to find an other women to breastfeed it. Say Bismillah and start with the right breast.

Good luck and let us know, what his name will be insha Allah

Source(s): the best info i can give to you is from http://www.islamqa.com/

1) I don't think you can keep it on but ask your doctor just in case and explain to him or her that is part of your religion for your hair to be covered.

2)There is a dua you should say during childbirth. YAAA AYYUHAN NAASUT-TAQOO RABBAKUM INNA ZALZALATAS SAA-A'TI SHAY-UN A'Z'EEM. Say this for the safety of the child and mother during pregnancy.

This is the childbirth dua. DU-A'A 240 Imam Jafar bin Muhammad as Sadiq advised the followers of Muhammad and Aali Muhammad to recite the following du-a'a at the time of birth of a child for a safe and smooth delivery.

ALLAAHUMMA LAA TAD'ARNEE FARDAW WA ANTA KHAYRUL WAARITHEEN. WAAH'IDEAN WAH'SHAN FAYAQS'URU SHUKREE A'N TAFAKKUREE BAL HAB LEE A'AQIBATAN S'IDQAN D'UKOORAN WA INAATHAN AANIS BIHIM MINAL WAH'SHATI WASKUN ILAYHIM MINAL WAH'DATI WA ASHKURUKA I'NDA TAMAAMIN NI'MATI YAA WAHHAABU WA YAA A'Z'EEMU WA YAA MU'A'Z'Z'IM THUMMA A'T'INEE FEE KULLI A'AFIYATIN SHUKRAN H'ATTAA TABLUGHANEE MINHAA RIZ'WAANAKA FEE S'IDQIL H'ADEETHI WA ADAA-IL AMAANATI WA WAFAA-IM BIL A'HD

3)The circumcision can be done at birth, on the 7th, 14th or 21st day.

4)Breastfeeding has many benefits to the child and the mother. For one thing it lowers the mother's risk of breast cancer and ovarian cancer later in life. It builds the baby's immune system especially the first few days when the mother is releasing colostorm(Sry I don't know what it is called) before the breastmilk comes in. It makes the baby smarter as well. The maximum age for breastfeeding in Islam is 2 years. If the father wants his sons to be breastfed the mother is obligated to obey him and nurse the sons.

1. i dont think you can keep it on while giving birth,i took mine off ,but my doctor was a women

2.say some dua before birth ,because while in birth you are gonna be in lots of pain.

3.first time i hear about the seventh day for circumcision, for my son i did it the first day

4. breast feeding is recommended up to 2 years

good luck sister insha Allah you and your baby will turn out in good health,ameen

Become an expert in exactly what you’re doing. Learn how and why things work then you’ll have faith that they're going to. Check out a podcast called Cut The Fat, and tune in to it when you’re exercising.

Celebrate Meatless Mondays by generating a meal starring beans (another weight-loss aid). You'll love this sweet potato along with black bean burrito.

Add protein powder to nice recipes (like these Rice Krispies treats) for boosting the nutrition.