Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsBirds · 1 decade ago

DO budgie BIRDS stink OR get PEOPLE sick ???????

I wanna buy a baby budgie bird do they stink bad and get humans sick because i relly wanna buy a budgie!!!!!!!!!!!!!

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Best answer

Hi,

I will say that male budgies, do make the better pets. You will see about they're beak, some budgies are cream to brown in colour, they are females generally, and males are blue to purple. Baby budgies dont stink in general, a nice clean cut looking bird, with bright eyes, and no build up of anything around the eyes or beak general area is starting to look like a great bird. Also, there shouldn't be any kind of build up of any diarrhoea underneath the bird either. Some humans can get sick on occasion from a sick bird like this, but pretty rare.

To tell if a budgie is a baby (although you cant in a yellow one)....The bars on the head go right down to the beak, where the colour of the sex of the bird is able to be told. If the bird is say a blue one, and it has like a white cap on its head and the bars are further back, this means the bird has gone through some "molting" periods and is actually not a "baby budgie" as such. I have 6 budgies myself, and they're great as pets

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Hi

i have a blue budgie called Coconut,

No they don't stink or make people sick unless they are with other birds or cats or dogs, But if they are by them selfs they are really clean,

You have to bathe them about 1once a week But only in the morning if it is cold weather use Luke warm water always the best, Always clean out there cage every week with Bird disinfectant,

hope i helped. :)

Emily,

• 1 decade ago

The only way budgies would stink is if you let the cage get real dirty. It is extremely rare to get sick from a budgie....

• 1 decade ago

budgie do not stink or make people sick. i'm a budgie breeder. i think u should get 2 budgie then they won't be lonely. hope i help

bye

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

birds dont stink..

but they can get people sick.

birds usually let of this white kinda fuzz every tI'me they fluff that gets into the air that you obviously breathe in. now im not saying dont get a bird because i have 64 of them.. but all of my birds are outside.

if you really want to get a bird dont place it in a place where you spend most of your time.. like your room and yo u should deff not place it in a kitchen.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Be more concerned with the noise and mess

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

No ^_^ ( one worded answer ) if you are really conserned then dont but i do recommend getting one :)

• 1 decade ago

yeah they do. and they get heaps of diseases. please don't get one. i'm serious. besides it's cruel to keep birds in a cage and a bird on its own.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

No. They don't stinkk(;

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.