Can I sue someone (random asian company) for sending spam emails from my hotmail account?

Hi, A couple of months ago I started getting lots of 'delivery status notification' emails from hotmail, . The email below keeps getting sent to everyone in my address book, and to lots of random people too. The company's name keeps changing, this is thr latest. Can I sue/do anything?

--Forwarded Message Attachment--

From:

Subject: Dear Sir/Lady:

Date: Sun, 25 May 2008 14:07:18 +0000

Dear Sir/Lady:

We are the TaiPingYang company . We sell electronic product mainly ,such as digital camera,mobile phone ,LCD TV, xbox, Laptops, DV, Mp4, GPS, and so on.All items come with 12month international warranty . If you want to buy something ,please contact us freely ,our company would like to offer more discounts and best service for business cooperation with you/your company.Any other concern you are welcome to visit our website: www.popgrand.com please feel free to contact us at:

MSN : service@popgrand.com

E-mail: service@popgrand.c

thanks for all the answers. the sarcastic one was especially appreciated. yeah, since the company name keeps changing, I don't really have anyone in particular to concentrate on.

Just thought it'd be a good way to get them to stop.

You can sue anyone but I doubt that you will have any luck with someone in China. I hope you have thousands of dollars for your travel expenses. Spammers use a random address for FROM and you were unlucky to be chosen.

ɦəlʞɹɐq

ʎɐp lɐᴉɹoɯəɯ ʎddɐɥ

you can try and sue, but really, you dont have a specific name or company adress. I would see if you can download a spam blocker or even see if hotmail has one to offer. If none of this works, try emailing them back, telling them youre not interested in. If all else fails, on hotmail I know you can block certain peoples emails, so try it. GoOd LuCk

hi you

its true you can sue who or what you like but believe they will make it so hard for you it could end up costing you millions my main worry here is how get got into your e-mail account in the first place which will come up in any court case you may have and from the time all this happened have you got a new password i would have reported them to Man if it was me i would not sue here its not worth even doe you have the grounds to do so

happened to me to!

I will be looking to see if anyone had a good answer for you!

GOOD LUCK

no because email spam is not a crime in and of itself although spam is used as leaders for crimes.

• no because you don't know who the person that is doing this is so i would say no