What will the doctor do to my penis in a physical exam?

Follow
  • Follow publicly
  • Follow privately
  • Unfollow
will i have to lay down or stand up for him to look at my balls, will he he just look?
Best Answer
Usually a doctor will check for any abnormality or problem.
If you're uncircumcised, he may retract the foreskin
(don't let him talk you into circumcision--it destroys sexual sensitivity and doctors are too anxious to do this because they make money from it and religious groups are always trying to force this practice on others._

He will probably feel your testicles, checking for growths and also press up gently in your scrotum to check for possible hernias.

It's a little embarassing, but necessary, and everyone goes through this, so don't be overly anxious about it.

Most genital exams are done with the patient standing and the doctor sitting, but it is possible he will have you lay down.
  • 2
  • Comment

Other Answers (12)

Rated Highest
  • Rated Highest
  • Oldest
  • Newest
  • The gr8t alien answered 6 years ago
    dont worry about it he will place a couple of fingers under your nut sack and tell you to cough....Now watch out when he gives you the digital rectal exam, Make sure he has only one hand on your shoulder when he inserts his finger
    • 3
    • Comment
  • Swamprat answered 6 years ago
    Most likely you will stand . He will grab your balls to check for any thing abnormal.Then he will push a finger along side of your penis and ask you to cough to check for hernias.but he wont grab your penis and if he does run like hell.
    • 3
    • Comment
  • Slowhand answered 6 years ago
    You will be standing up straight. The Dr. will put on gloves and then check your testicles (balls) for lumps or unusual growths, ask you to turn your head and cough (he will be checking to see how your testicles react when you cough) and then he'll tell you you can pull you pants back up. He will probably not even touch your penis (99% of the time) except to possibly move it out of the way. Don't worry about it...it's not a big deal and it'll be over in a minute. RELAX
    • 2
    • Comment
  • rass answered 6 years ago
    He 's just gonna grab it and feel it
    • 2
    • Comment
  • single-guy answered 6 years ago
    Generally speaking unless you are having pain or are having
    a problem with your penis or testicles a doctor can simply have a look at you genitals while you are standing or laying down in his exam room. If you are having pain or are getting a full medical examination then the doctor will gently grasp your testicles/scrotum and ask you to cough. He is testing to see if you have a hernia. Either way try to relax as the doctor is a professional and he has seen tons of others boys / men
    nude before. I know you may feel embarrassed but there is nothing to fear.

Take care.
    • 1
    • Comment
  • Kimball answered 6 years ago
    seriously, all he'll do is look at them when you're standing up

unfortunately, he will grab your testicles and ask you to cough
    • 1
    • Comment
  • a b answered 6 years ago
    my doctor checks my penis laying down he just feels the shaft and the head guess checking for lumps he then has me stand to feel my balls and make me cough its pretty quick so dont worry
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • J K answered 6 years ago
    oh it isn't so bad
    what he does is he gets this 6 inch needle and punctures a hole in the head while carefully sliding it through the whole thing
    • 2
    • Comment
  • *Avriel* answered 6 years ago
    He'll check under your foreskin and palpate your scrotom. That's all I can remember, I had one last year. . .
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • Sign In 

to add your answer

• Autumn Melbourne Boi answered 6 years ago
    Yeah he will use his ruler for inspections (and a whack if you don't lay still), and thats only your balls. Otherwise, he will use his index finger and thumb for a closer look.
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • John Smith answered 6 years ago
    He'll probe around for a minute....with his tongue. Don't get a stiffy or your f*****.

Source(s):

Dr. Jonathan Puberson
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • ponysteel answered 6 years ago
    If you are uncircumcised, the doctor will probably check to make sure that your foreskin is fully retractable. If not he/she will probably recommend circumcision - this is a very good thing which all parents should really do for their sons when they are small, so if your parents did not have it done for you, take this opportunity to get their mistake corrected and you can look forward to the benefits which only circumcised men (and their female sexual partners) understand and enjoy

Source(s):

Personal experience - I chose to be circumcised as an adult and it provided me with much better hygiene, comfort, appearance, self-esteem and FAR better sexual sensation and pleasure during intercourse, both for myself and my wife. It's great to be circumcised!
    • Rate
    • Comment

Who is following this question?

%
    BEST ANSWERS
    Member since:
    Points: Points: Level
    Total answers:
    Points this week:
    Follow

Unfollow

Block

Unblock