Just bought a toy dog, Vet concerned?

I thought I did my research, but I just took our new puppy to the vet. The vet was very concerned and told me he did not think this was the right choice for our family. After observing my kids, he thinks my household is 'too active' for a toy dog. The vet thinks the puppy is at too great a risk in my... show more I thought I did my research, but I just took our new puppy to the vet. The vet was very concerned and told me he did not think this was the right choice for our family. After observing my kids, he thinks my household is 'too active' for a toy dog.

The vet thinks the puppy is at too great a risk in my home with very young children. I am so torn and don't know what to do. The vet is one of the top ones here and really thinks I should contact the breeder about returning it.
Update: I have contacted the breeder, and it doesn't sound like they are willling to do much. It has only been 1 day, and we are willing to let them keep some money. We do have two older, bigger dogs, and the kids are great with them. But, yes, my kids are very active.
Update 2: The vet said it was obvious I had good kids, but that they were 'normal'. And, that normal kids could be disastrous with a tiny puppy. My oldest won't even go near the puppy now for fear that he will hurt it. The vet had a 'talk' with the kids. I am so sickened by this and crying again as I... show more The vet said it was obvious I had good kids, but that they were 'normal'. And, that normal kids could be disastrous with a tiny puppy. My oldest won't even go near the puppy now for fear that he will hurt it. The vet had a 'talk' with the kids. I am so sickened by this and crying again as I type. We are a forever home for our pets and have always tried to instill that commitment in our kids. But, at the same time, it is not fair for this little puppy to have a potentially unsafe environment.