PLEASE friends. Spammers and Rx emails with filthy subject lines. Need a permanent solution.?

My Yahoo filter isn't doing its job. I receive emails from drug companies several times a day, and also emails with filthy subject lines. Other than a different Internet provider, can you help with a permanent solution? This is disgusting. I don't open but sent to spam to no avail. Thanks!! Kathy

I have also had a marked increase in spam offering me various pills in the last couple of months. I have stuck with Yahoo mail for years precisely because this wasn't a problem with Yahoo. So they are among the best, in my experience. But seem to be experiencing a temporary (I hope) decline in spam filtering ability.

Something changed recently.. either they changed the software they use, or the spammers got ahead in the race. It's annoying, but changing your ISP will only give you a temporary repreive. It's part of being online, I'm afraid: everyone gets spam, and much of it is sexually explicit.

Your Yahoo filter is working just as much as mine is. If you are looking at mail in the Bulk folder, my question is WHY? That is already considered spam, that's why it's in the Bulk folder. NEVER, NEVER open or otherwise fool with the mail in yoru bulk folder. Leave it alone and just empty the darn thing.

If these are coming to your inbox, check to make sure your Blocked Address List isn't pushing 500. If it is, delete some or all of them and start over.

The only PERMANENT solution is no email address whatsoever. EVERYONE IN THE WORLD WITH AN EMAIL ADDRESS GETS SPAM. You are no exception.