Black and white movie? Turner Channel?

I saw a movie the first week of Jan. 2005, while in the hospital. It was on TMC, Turner Movie Channel, really late at night. I cannot remember the name, or actors. It was one woman and two men. One man was well-off and the other wasn't, and the woman wasn't either. She took care of her father who worked in the railyards, I think. Anyways, rich guy takes off, poor guy gets legs cut off in railroad accident, he lives with girl and her dad, and then rich guy comes back to town and their friendship is tested. Love triangle. HELP ME!!!

Kings Row (1942)

IMDB review: ***SPOILERS***

The story of a group of children growing up in a small community prior to the turn of the century, and the adults they would become, screenwriter Casey Robinson infuses the youngsters' escapades with an innocence that makes their actions seem sweet, not naughty. The leader of the children, Drake McHugh (Douglas Croft/Ronald Reagan) is a rich, likable rogue, popular with girls, but most devoted to his best friend, serious Parris Mitchell (Scotty Beckett/Robert Cummings), a gifted piano student living with his grandmother (Maria Ouspenskaya), who dreams of someday becoming a doctor. The girls in their lives are Randy Monaghan (Ann Todd/Ann Sheridan), a good-hearted girl from the "wrong side of the tracks'"; Louise Gordon (Joan Duvalle/Nancy Coleman), boy-crazy and the most popular girl in town; and mysterious Cassandra "Cassie" Tower (Mary Thomas/Betty Field), whom Parris secretly adores, the daughter of the reclusive Dr. Tower (Claude Rains). After a disastrous party that only Parris and a few "undesirables" attend (everyone else opts for a party at Louise's home), the heartbroken Cassie is yanked from school and isolated, under suspicious circumstances, by Dr. Tower. Parris grows to adulthood, still carrying a torch for his lost love.

With the children grown up, the major story lines begin. Parris studies medicine with Dr. Tower, prior to college in Vienna, and meets Cassie again; despite her bizarre behavior and paranoia, the pair renew their chaste affair, which ends in tragedy and death (mental illness is given as the reason in the film; in the book, incest is the cause). After Parris leaves for Vienna, Drake is swindled out of his fortune, becoming a hard-drinking bum until he is redeemed by Randy, and begins working with her family at the train yards. One night, crates fall on Drake, and, when the doctor (Charles Coburn), the father of Louise Gordon (whom Drake supposedly "deflowered"), arrives, the old physician sees an opportunity to extract revenge and amputates both of Drake's legs. Knowing her father has unnecessarily punished Drake unhinges Louise, and the anxious Randy, spiritually and physically crippled Drake, and schizophrenic Louise all await the return of Parris, now a certified physician specializing in psychiatry, from Vienna. Upon his shoulders lies everyone's redemption and recovery.

TRIVIA:

Ronald Reagan titled his 1965 autobiography after his biggest line in the film version of Kings Row: "Where's the rest of me?"

When I read railyards and legs amputated, "Kings Row" is the only film that comes to mind. When he wakes up and sees what has been done to him, he says that line~"Where's the rest of me?!"~which sends chills over me. Ronald Reagan didn't have a lot of strong moments on the screen, but this film is a great role for him. I also like him in "The Hasty Heart".

The Cabinet Of Dr. Caligari (1919) Broken Blossoms (1919) The Gold Rush (1925) Metropolis (1927) The General (1927) Blackmail (1929) Dracula (1931) Trouble In Paradise (1932) Freaks (1932) Modern Times (1936) My Man Godfrey (1936) Dodsworth (1936) Stagecoach (1939) Mr. Smith Goes To Washington (1939) Rebecca (1940) The Philidephia Story (1940) The Grapes Of Wrath (1940) Citizen Cane (1941) The Maltese Falcon (1941) Shadow Of A Doubt (1943) To Have And Have Not (1944) Double Indemnity (1944) The Lost Weekend (1945) The Big Sleep (1946) The Killers (1946) Notorious (1946) Gilda (1946) Out Of The Past (1947) The Treasure Of The Sierra Madre (1948) All About Eve (1950) Sunset Blvd. (1950) Strangers On A Train (1951) A Place In The Sun (1951) Roman Holiday (1953) On The Waterfront (1954) The Night Of The Hunter (1955) The Seventh Seal (1957)

Is it Other Women's Men?

Its a 1931 movie..

Check out this link and see if this is it...

http://www.answers.com/topic/other-men-s-women?cat...

Hope it is!! If it isnt let me know and i will keep looking for you

Oops I mean Other Men's Women... lol