Can an atheist ever become a christian?

Religion is based upon faith, and atheism off fact and proof. Because there is no direct evidence or proof behind the system of Christianity it seems that once you are atheist, there is no going back. I'm agnostic but am getting more atheist and have realized that once you lose faith, you can't get it... show more Religion is based upon faith, and atheism off fact and proof.

Because there is no direct evidence or proof behind the system of Christianity it seems that once you are atheist, there is no going back.

I'm agnostic but am getting more atheist and have realized that once you lose faith, you can't get it back!

I've seen many christians turn atheist and never become christian again. Because it is too hard to believe in something that you have been "proven" so to speak doesn't exist.

What does that mean in the christian point of view? Do you not see the dilemma that all these millions of people are going to go to hell whether they like it or not?

To put it into context, it's like trying to convince someone that santa clause is actually as real as the fairy tale. You wouldnt believe them right? It's very HARD to be convinced of something once you have begun to believe it isn't real.

"EVEN IF GOD IS REAL, how do i convince myself now that i am an atheist?"