Does having many, varied personal experiences lead to self-perceptions of emotional strength or weakness?

How so?

I know what I think, but I don't want to ramble on about my views. I am well acquainted with them ;-) ;-). *Yawn*. Much more interesting to get some fresh ideas based on different experiences :-) :-).

Many thanx for the wise insight in advance, all ;-) ;-).
Update: arelad@btinternet.com: Thanx for your sarcastic answer ;-). I did just realized that my Q could be read as a statement of the obvious. Of course, having a bunch of different experiences will lead to either strength or weakness. I was, however, wondering, in general, after having many negative and positive... show more arelad@btinternet.com: Thanx for your sarcastic answer ;-).

I did just realized that my Q could be read as a statement of the obvious. Of course, having a bunch of different experiences will lead to either strength or weakness. I was, however, wondering, in general, after having many negative and positive experiences, whether one would deem themselves "strong" or "weak".

So, what, factors could play into whether "strong" or "weak" was decided upon by a person with x number of sh!!tty and non-sh!!tty experiences. I think factors like, support, chronicity, what is lost, gained etc can affect overall perceptions of strength and weakness. So, I guess I was really after a discussion of how people feel those factors play into their own or into other people's overall self-perceptions. And, what they think the end result would be.

Obviously, I ask the Q, because my own thoughts aren't sorted on this. Kinda obvious in the above rambling :-) ;-). I appreciate the A's so far :-) :-).
Update 2: Owwww, lots of thumbs-down. They are not from me ;-(.