Did you ever wonder about how overpaid peoples' salaries can be put to use?

NOTE** I am not trying to offend anyone's careers, am not saying that people did not have to work hard for their achievements, this is simply a thought. And sorry if everything I say is pointed toward athletes, but it's what I first thought of. Many careers are overpaid, and as mentioned, I will talk... show more NOTE** I am not trying to offend anyone's careers, am not saying that people did not have to work hard for their achievements, this is simply a thought. And sorry if everything I say is pointed toward athletes, but it's what I first thought of.

Many careers are overpaid, and as mentioned, I will talk about star athletes' salaries. Since I don't know exact numbers, I'll be talking very generally.

If everybody who made 5million plus donated 1 million to government funds, would people be able to stop paying taxes? Also, would the government be able to help the people more, and the evironment more efficiently (such as the hydrogen fuel-cell....which would be widely used if not for its high prices, but if the government had more funding to develop a cheaper base module, many things would be powered pollution free).

I mean, just think about all the excess money overpaid people receive, and if that money were to go to greater causes....
Update: to sarah A- it's ok, i was guessing that you just meant generally idiotic people....but just be careful of that next time. it might be a "common sense" thing, but some people still might misinterpret what you mean by "retarded," and some people can get offended as well