please help! my acer laptop is stuck in sleep mode.?

i just got a blank screen and the z light is blinking. what can i do?

Update:

thank yo so much.it worked

3 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Best answer

1) Press and hold the power button for 8 seconds.

2) Turn your computer on.

3) If the computer says says "Windows was not shut down successfully" blah blah, just select "Start Windows Normally" with your arrow keys and press the "Enter" key.

• 1 decade ago

Hold the power button for 5 seconds and the computer should turn off, once it does try turning it back on. Sometimes computers get stuck in sleep mode and must be turned off.

• 3 years ago

Do here. the 1st step checking if it particularly is particularly a hardware subject as antagonistic to domicile windows being corrupted. acquire a stay linux cd and burn the image to disk insert it into the Acer. Acess the acers bios and set it besides from cd/dvd 1st and boot from the cd persist with the activates for a stay consultation no longer an setting up. the optimal reason i prefer to advise it is that in case you attempt to apply Acer restoration purposes you are able to probably unfastened significant information. Step 2. If the device completely boots then you definately now now its a application subject. additionally if it boots to a stay computing device consultation you are able to attempt to get your significant information transferred from the Acer to a flash or exterior force besides in the previous attempting to restoration domicile windows. Step 3. If it fails besides with a stay cd inserted in all probability reason mainboard. distinctive Acers of that style have been shipped with defective significant boards in 08. touch Acer and notice if it particularly is probably under keep in mind or out of provider guarantee. in case you won't be able to get satisfaction from them a sparkling significant board is $149 on google identifying to purchase.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.