What is the most important lesson or skill that your Mom had taught you which you would pass on to your child?

Thanks Everyone ,Awesome answers :)

Hi johnny!

• kitkat

My mother taught me to be a strong, independant woman. She never hung on a mans word or law and ruled her home herself. She and my Dad were a united front and very much in love but all final decisions belonged to her. She didnt run crying when things got tough. She fought dragons for us kids and always made it look easy. She also was the person who was our hardest critic. She taught self respect and free thinking. She showed us rules and boundaries and allowed us to make mistakes. She was never my friend but always there for support and honesty. She taught me exactly who I am and what i want to be.

My dad and mom are still alive. My mom is in the hospital fighting for her life. I take care of them both. Yes, my dad is important to me. He retired from the army after 20 years. Retired from the bus company. His military career and attitude is what made me stronger. Being around a military background is what led me to joining the military and putting in 10 years. (10th Special Forces Group/Airborne). He taught me to be a man. He was there for me and now that my mom is in critical condition, I need to be there for him. Cycle of life. As far as you missing anything? That depends. If your mom and friends raised you with love and you had male friends to hang out with, I see no reason why you shouldn't feel complete. Be happy someone loved you. Many kids growing up, missed/didn't have that in their young lives.

Always make sure you have money on you so when you have a fight with your boyfriend or husband, you can always get home.

Don't do drugs. Get involved with volunteering, or get a job.

Always be polite.

Well...just a few....thought I'd give you a few of the unusuals to help you with your kids, especially if you have a daugther.

Mom would always tell me to live as the bible stated " The Kingdom of God is within you" LUKE 17.21 ( Thus do all as the Good Book said. ( Thus I was to be perfect. Love all and do no harm to any

The Greatest of these is Love 1.John 4.

My Foster Mum taught me acceptance & patience. Something I can only hope I can teach my children the value of having.

• My Mom taught me how to get along with everyone, regardless of station in life. She insisted that we learn the most fine and detailed points of etiquette, yet she taught us to speak and act with the deepest respect to EVERY person.

Hi Eric. This is a hard one for me. I suppose there's a lot I could say, but one thing that stands out is not to indulge in recreational drugs.

I Cr 13;8a

• Bart S

She taught me how to read at an early age and to enjoy reading from then on with stimulating and fun material. I am very grateful for that gift and her time and patience!

It wasn't my mother, but my father who taught me how to make money in the stock market. I've passed it on, and now my children are shareholders.

Kindness towards others. My daughter is also passing that on to her two children. Also the love of animals. It can be very rewarding!