Why is 'beaver' slang for a woman's private area?

Stupid question I know..

Update:

Haha Coralee.. that's funny.

And Hugh James, that picture kinda summed things up.

Thanks all.

15 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favourite answer

I believe you may be requiring a serious and correct answer to your question .. so here

in the 17th - late 19th century women were wont to depilitate their vaginal regions for both fashionable and health reasons, however for comfort purposes (using the equipment of the day) it was found that some form of covering was required to avoid irritation .. the remedial object was known as a 'merkin' (you'll find this is complete dictionaries described as a female or pubic wig) .. these were fashioned from fine beaver pelts .. hence the modern idiom .. her 'beaver', which, correctly, should only apply to the hirsute appendages of the vaginal region

• riopel
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

Beaver Urban Dictionary

• 5 years ago

It's called a beaver because it chews on long pieces of wood, and because of the way it stretches it's mouth to look like the scary movie mask, that to looks like a va jay jay.

• Anonymous
    7 years ago

Probably because it's the part of a woman which has to work so hard to keep mankind on earth, From egesting her superfluous fluids. Her primary reproductive organ. her exit for progeny. Coupled with the expression, "working as hard as a beaver".

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Because that area is hairy like a beaver

It is only used when a woman doesn't shave

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I've heard it called everything before. It's an immature way of talking about a womans vagina. *****, beaver, kitty blah blah. It's a coochie not a beaver or cat lol. They say because we have a hairy cooch but some women DO shave it.

• 1 decade ago

If you had ever seen a beaver, you wouldn't be asking this question.

• 6 years ago

Beavers eat Wood, and one of the names for " Old One Eye " in the West Indies is" Wood " So there is the Connection .

• 5 years ago

The reason is because both beavers and vaginas "eat wood."

• ?
    Lv 5
    5 years ago

Justin Beaver is a great nickname for a vagina, U know !!!!!!!

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.