What's atapchi called in English or other languages?

Hi, I've been trying to describe a certain ingredient called "atapchi" to someone who is rather westernized and never really tasted local dishes despite being a Malaysian. Atapchi/attapci - looks like jelly but it's hard with a certain crunchy jelly like texture. Usually found in desserts... show more Hi, I've been trying to describe a certain ingredient called "atapchi" to someone who is rather westernized and never really tasted local dishes despite being a Malaysian.

Atapchi/attapci - looks like jelly but it's hard with a certain crunchy jelly like texture. Usually found in desserts especially like shaved ice/or ice kacang.
I was wondering what are the other names for it. I've heard it's from Sabah and seen the plant before. Very unique =).

=) Btw. when's the first time you've eaten ice kacang and where's the BEST you've ever tasted.