How do I recover accidentally formatted files on an external hard drive?

I was re-installing windows the other day (my computer crashed and so I had to do a complete re-installation) and I accidentally formatted/deleted the partion on my external hard drive. I desperately need that data back, and a quick Google search found some programs that have found all my data, but I have to pay to actually get the data back. Is there anyother way to get my data back?

Well I downloaded the trial edition of Recover My Files, and it found ALL of my files, but I can't access them because i need to buy it. I was wondering if there are any free alternatives to this, other than PC Inspector File Recovery, which cannot seem to find the files.

• Way

the illegal option is available to you which is to download recover my files or whatever from a torrent site- i've verified that all the software you are asking for is available on The Pirate Bay and other torrent sites.

Of course i do recommend purchasing this software rather than pirating it.

Forget about "Free" Data recovery programs, they don't exist. The data can be recovered but you will have to employ a specialist company and it will be very expensive, so it's a matter of balancing the value of the lost data against the price of recovery. Will it be worth it?. I'd be interested to know how you reformatted an external hdd whilst re installing windows. The external hdd wouldn't have been an available option even if it had been switched on, unless you were mounting your os on an external drive, why would you want to do that?

There are programs that will recover bits of the data, but your in trouble if that data wasn't backed up. Re-Formatting a partition is literally cleaning all directories and indexes off a file system. The info is still there, but its all 0's and 1's and the computer has no idea of how to know what or where anything is. No programs will get all the info back. If there was extremely important info on them, there are security companies out there that specialize in data retrevial. I work in network security and we put dummy info on files, delete it and send it to see what can be retrieved. It's very pricy though.

A few days ago I discover that most of my computer files were corrupted. I tried to search on Internet for a recovery method, I found a free data recover software called Wondershare Data Recovery and I was able to recover all my lost file very quickly! at this link you can download it http://bitly.com/1qaJOqX

• ygwild

The data will still be there as long as you don't start saving things in it. Then you'll progressively start losing data as it gets overwritten.

Unfortunately most data recovery programs you have to pay. the software, we've been using is GetDataBack.

It all depends on how much your info is worth to you in the end...

use any data recovery tool which suits you, download it from download,com

and you can recover small files more efficiently than large files as they will be in many pieces and putting them together is tedious task

If other programs have found it, then this free one should too. Ty PC File Inspector.

http://www.download.com/PC-Inspector-File-Recovery...

You may try this data recovery solution that helped me before

http://www.asoftech.com/articles/External-Drive-Da...

hope this helps.

Try

with

tune up utilities

baja

el tune up utilities mijo

I heard about this program but I've never use it. Give it a try. It's free.