itunes problem..?

So I have a few copied mixed cds that Ive made in the past and I'm trying to add them to my itunes library. The problem is, itunes doesnt recognize the title of the song or artist. Since it puts down the son as being Track 01 and so on I can change the name of the song. But I have no way of changing the artist name as it gives nothing for the artist. Can anyone help me? Is there anyway to add the airtists name in without a name already being there? If not I will just add it to the title of the song. Thanks ahead for any help you can give me!!

Thank you Steve!!!! You saved my life, lol.

Press control+i (apple+i on a Mac). That's the info editing window.

I think you have to click on the second tab in that window, at least on a Mac.

Hi Kit -

I am assuming while itunes does not give you the artist name. You certainly know the name? If that is true then I would first rip the songs into a new play-list (So you can locate the songs easily) and then name them by invoking "Getinfo" You should be able to then name the song, the artist, and genre.

I hope this helps

NK

Right click on the song and the first option should be get info click that then there should be 6 tabs going across the top, there click on the tab that says info and in there you should be able to type song, artist, album......so on!

Because they're mixed cds, this might not work. When your in the cd's page in itunes, click on advanced, and then get cd track names. It will get the names for you. If it doesn't work just import the cd and add the names yourself

I don't think you can get the artists name. The only way is to do it yourself if you know it. Same thing happens to me and I don't always know the artist. Sometimes I don't know the song's name either..

open itunes and click on music at the very top of the screen. Let me know if it works for you as i know other fixes for itunes.

all u have 2 do is just put ur mouse over the place where it is supposed 2 have the artist name and click once and move ur mouse arrow accross the place where it is supposed 2 have the artist name SLOWLY ok i hope i helped

ok

so on the song, right click and click "get info"

and it gives u options to change whatever you want about the song.:)

• yeah just click the empty space, just make sure it's highlighted first otherwise the track will just start playing i hate it when that happens.

well i dunno it shouldn't be doing that it's never done that with any of my mixed cd's it could be the fact that the cd may have messed up while it was in it's process of going through the library