Part two, What do Jehovah's Witnesses believe in?

I was going to answer another question in this forum (the question is, "What do Jehovah's Witnesses believe in?"). But I decided to make a new question. I am soo confused. when the JW's give a person scriptures to show the answer to a person's questions, I want to know about those scriptures. Are those... show more I was going to answer another question in this forum (the question is, "What do Jehovah's Witnesses believe in?"). But I decided to make a new question. I am soo confused. when the JW's give a person scriptures to show the answer to a person's questions, I want to know about those scriptures. Are those scriptures in context? Are they symbolical only if the author of that Bible part intended to be symbolical? There are 60 plus books in the Bible, some poetical and others historical. One can't interpret them like a jigsaw puzzle (a verse here, a verse there), to make their own picture.

No Greek scholar has figured out that hell is not fire and brimstone but annihilation? No pope ever found out that Jesus was an archangel? Did some writer of the first few century mention early Christians to be like JW's?

I HAVE to know the answers to the question. I want to be a JW, but I do hear the Christian Research Institute and Carm.org, and they make me afraid. How can it be that other Bible scholars all get it wrong for 2000 years, but the WT doesn't? That they are so different means something, because God's people have to stand apart.

I've got to know soon. the JW's published a booklet in 2004 called, Keep on the Watch. About people before who heeded God's words were saved. I felt it was written for me, and I am very concerned.
Update: such great answers and resources. thank you folks, I was shocked to hear about Weasley. I've got to most important quest in life to complete!!
Update 2: since the answers are so great, and they have given me such a wealth of information, I will not vote for best answers (they all seem best!), so I will let the readers vote. thank you folks!!